We were back to our homes on wheels around 1230 and parted ways until our semi regular sunset fire at 1630 hours.....I say 'semi regular' as the forecast shows rain for the next two to three days beginning Tuesday, so we will see what we get and react accordingly.....one thing of concern is there are flash flood warnings in effect in our area until 2200 hours Wednesday evening. We did choose our location with that in mind, and we are NOT near any flood channels, so not to worry in case you were.
Of course, since we are boondocking and relying somewhat heavily on sunny days to recharge our house batteries, the heavy cloud cover which is forecast for the next few days will present some challenges in that area. When we arrived Sunday it was cloudy and we only got back to 97% on our batteries. Monday we only got back to 95%, so you can see the trend. On the other hand with only the 2 panels we had last year at this time we would not have gotten back to even 90%. It is amazing we can charge even with cloud cover. Our friends Steven and Linda actually got back to 100% on Monday, but they have over 800 watts of panels on their roof.
I spent the afternoon finishing my setup for our extended stay here in the Borrego Springs desert......wheel covers installed, malibu lights deployed, awning anchor ropes installed (in case of wind), awning mat tacked down to the ground, small Honda generator deployed to help with recharging as it will be very cloudy for a few days.
Since no rain was in the offing for Monday we had our 'semi regular' sunset fire beginning at 1630 hours.........