Sunday, July 19, 2026

A nice day to be off work....

 7:44 am - Sunday - July 19th - LPG&RVR - 67° F, humidity 21%, cloud cover 66%, wind 11 mph out of the west by northwest....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 93° F.  On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in West Yellowstone.....



......visiting with good friends Richard and Rhonda Entrekin and their 1999 Newell.

Saturday....what a nice day to be off work!  We began the day watching 'The Open', 
transitioning to Le Tour de France until 12 pm when the FIFA World Cup 3rd place match began between England and France began.  As you will recall, England lost a heartbreaker 2-1 to Argentina a few days ago, but got off to an impressive start against France ending the first half up 4-0.  France came back in the 2nd half scoring 3 unanswered goals to pull within one goal of England, but then England stiffened their resolve scoring two more goals to finish in 3rd place 6-4.  Sunday will be the final between Argentina and Spain.

TLE and I headed over to the Clubhouse just before 4 pm for the weekly putting contest.  I hadn't putted in almost 3 weeks, and had no idea how I would do.  I hadn't even hit a practice putt during that time until Saturday morning.  I was pleased with my practice putting, but still wasn't sure how that would translate into actual competition.  Well, on this day the translation was pretty smooth.  I made it through 7 rounds before succumbing to DeWayne Matthews 2-1, but that was good enough for 4th place out of 24 golfers; my best performance this summer....


Greg and Bernard putting on the 5th hole

.....upon return to the Newell I fired up the Sea-B-Que to grill a salmon steak we had purchased at Grocery Outlet on Friday.  It was the first time I've grilled on the Sea-B-Que since I installed the new stainless steel grill plates.  TLE had me grill 3 ears of corn at the same time.  She also added some white rice.....


....the salmon came out perfecto, and so did the corn, so my inaugural work on the new grill plates was a success.

After dinner I finished watching Stage #14 of Le Tour de France in which Tadej Pogacar attacked with 8 miles to go adding another 54 seconds to his lead over Jonas Vingegaard to now lead him by 4 minutes 30 seconds with 7 remaining Stages.  So, like I said it was a nice day to be off work.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment