5:58 am - Thursday - August 6th - LPG&RVR - 56° F, humidity 17%, cloud cover 1%, wind 13 mph out of the southwest....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 99° F. On this date in 2012 TLE and I were in Astoria, OR.....
....visiting the 'Goonies' house from the movie 'Goonies'.
On the first day of our four day work week the forecast high was 98° F. For the following three days the forecast shows 99°, 100° & 99° F. I began the day wondering if I would make it until 3:30 pm. To be fair, our employers do not expect us to work outdoors when it is that hot, and on this day, Wednesday, there was not a lot to do. Upon arrival at the Clubhouse I saw only one person signed up to play golf at 8 am, so there would not be a lot of carts to deal with. I staged four to begin the day, knowing that people always show up without a 'tee time' to play golf, and there were just two. We rented three carts in all.
When we drove our cart to the Clubhouse at 7:30 am there were just 6 RV's in the park....SIX! After staging the four carts I spent time straightening the workbench in the 'Caddy Shack', which took awhile, then another hour plus checking the distilled water levels in the 30 six volt batteries (six batteries per cart times 5 carts). They were all doing pretty well, and just needed a little water in each cell to be 100% full.
Next I turned on a few sprinklers around the park to water some dry spots in the grass, then hopped on the 2 bag Husqvarna to mow around the two gazebos, and the four 'buddy' sites. By that time it was 12 pm, and time for TLE's lunch break during which I answered 2 phone calls, and checked in one RV over 90 minutes. Thankfully the Clubhouse was being kept very cool with the 'swamp cooler'....there is no AC in the Clubhouse.
When TLE returned I headed back outdoors to what felt like a blast furnace. I still had two hours to go on my shift. Two of the three carts we rented had returned, so I slowly washed them. I usually dry the carts afterwards, but it was so hot barely any moisture remained on them after just a few minutes. I spent the rest of my shift moving sprinklers around on the parking lot grass, and the 'Night Office' grass. At last it was time to head for home....I made it!
Instead of taking a shower right away, I just changed clothes, and sat in my recliner where I promptly fell asleep for an hour before waking up and realizing I needed to take my shower before I returned to the Clubhouse to give TLE a ride home at 5 pm, so I did that, and had just a few minutes to relax before it was time to get TLE. I am not looking forward to Thursday, Friday, or Saturday!
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:
Post a Comment