Saturday, August 8, 2026

Triple digits.....

5:49 am - Saturday - August 8th - LPG&RVR - 60° F, humidity 19%, cloud cover 2%, wind 14 mph out of the west by northwest......partially cloudy today with a forecast high of 99° F.  On this date in 2018 TLE and I were in Southwest Harbor, ME.....



 ....we had just quit our jobs at Smuggler's Den, and moved to the property of Tony and Janet....we worked with Tony Smuggler's Den, and he offered his property for the balance of our stay in Maine.  Tony quit his job the same day....in all five of the 10 workers quit that day.

Friday would be the hottest day this summer at LPG&RVR topping out at an even 100° F.  As is our habit, we were arriving at the Clubhouse at 7:30 am.  By 7:45 am we had rented the first of 18 golf carts.  That's the biggest rental day we've had in over 10 days, and about time.  Initially, not knowing how the day would go, I staged just four carts, and they went pretty quickly.  Most of the folks who played golf Friday did not have reserved tee times.

Over the course of the morning I spent about an hour repairing, and straightening the bracket which fastens the golf ball washer to my cart.  Over the past 4 years it had gotten bent, and the ball washer was kind of handing at an angle.  A little persuasion with a baby hand sledge straightened her out, so I could remount the washer.....

Nice and straight now

Previously there were just 4 screws attaching it 
to the hand rail, but I added 3 more for good measure

....next I headed down to the 'Night Office' to coil up the hundreds of feet of water hoses we use to water that large grass area so I could mow the grass. Without that old double wide mobile home there I can mow the grass in about 20 minutes.  On my way back to the Clubhouse I mowed the group firepit grass, and the large grass area next to site #30.  By the time I refueled the Husqvarna, and blew the grass off the mower deck it was time for TLE's lunch break.

Over the course of the 90 minutes I checked in 4, or 5 RV's, and answered a number of phone calls.....things are heating up once again.  Then it was back out side to begin washing golf carts.  By the time I turned off the water I had washed, and stowed 13 of the 18 rented golf carts.  That last two hours fried me.  I headed for home, took a long, cool shower, then plopped down in my recliner and took an hour nap.  As I napped the heat of the day came and went, and by the time I returned to the Clubhouse to give TLE a ride home it was down to 95 from 100° F.  By 8:30 pm it had dropped to 78° F, which is when we turn off the AC.  Overnight the outdoor temp got into the mid 50's, and that is what makes living here in during the dog days of the summer so bearable.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment