Saturday, September 5, 2026

A repeat performance.....

 6:42 am - Saturday - September 5th - LPG&RVR - 35° F, humidity 47%, cloud cover 28%, wind 11 mph out of the south......clear, blue skies this morning with a forecast high today of 71° F.  On this date in 2010 TLE and I were in Pismo Beach, CA.....




.....we were spending the weekend in Ventura at an RV park there over Labor Day Weekend, and decided to drive up to Pismo Beach for lunch.  We still had the 2002 T-Bird Retro back then.

Just before I went to bed Thursday evening I noticed the small throw rug in the bathroom was damp.  When I felt the carpet around the Dometic toilet it was damp....doh!  This exact same thing happened a few months ago, and it turned out the water supply connection needed tightening.  I was a simple fix, and hasn't leaked again until Thursday.  This time I decided I needed to take the whole assembly apart, clean up the connecting 3/8" nipple threads, apply some new Teflon tape, and then reassemble....


....on the left (in this picture) is the braided supply line which connects to the RV supply line (gray PVC on right).  There is a galvanized 3/8" nipple in between the braided line and the PVC line.  That is what I removed, cleaned, and rewrapped in Teflon tape.  Once it was reassembled I turned on the water, and there was NO more leak.  In all it took me about an hour beginning to end.  The carpet piece was still drying out yesterday afternoon so I will reinstall that on Saturday.

A few days ago we received the new ultra violet light filter for the reverse osmosis system I wrote about a few days ago.  This new ultra violet light filter is the OEM part, which is what I should have ordered originally.  It took me less that 10 minutes to remove the old OEM filter, and install the new one.....this time NO leaks.....

New ultraviolet light filter installed and working!

.....will I ever learn the lesson that you ALWAYS replace OEM parts with OEM parts.  Cheaper is NEVER better.

I spent the rest of the day reading, and watching college football.  Yes, college football is back as of this weekend.  My USC Trojans won over Fresno State 39-0, and it wasn't really that close.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment