8:10 am - Thursday - September 3rd - LPG&RVR - 53° F, humidity 89%, cloud cover 95%, chance of rain 100%, wind 7 mph out of the north by northwest.....heavy cloud cover with occasional rain showers, and a forecast high of 59° F. On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Yellowstone National Park.....
....working at the Mammoth Hot Springs General Store. I worked in the fountain that summer serving ice cream. We had a surprise visit from long time Whatsnewell readers Jill and Gary. They began following our nomadic adventures when we worked the beet harvest back in 2013. The view this morning....
We, initially, had no plans for Wednesday other than to relax after our four days of work. Sure, there were a few small projects I wanted to tackle at some point, but I was flexible. I could do them Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday....lol. As I was in the process of trying to restore order to my disheveled coif TLE called out from the Salon advising we should probably go into town to do our weekly shopping 'today' as Thursday it would be raining, and by Friday the Labor Day weekend crowds would be upon us. I immediately replied that we should, to which she replied, "Let's go around 11 am". So, in a manner of speaking, the 'die was cast', and our 'no plans' day suddenly had plans.
I like our days off work as I can linger over the current iteration of my daily blog posts. I didn't begin to compose the 'what happened on Tuesday' post until around 8 am, and didn't finish until almost 9:30 am. On days off work I can be more creative, and expressive with an endless amount of time available, but on days we work I tend to get a little more stilted, and perfunctory with the composition. When we work I get it done in about 25 minutes, or less, and am not always happy with the end result.
We were in the VW a little after 11 am, and arriving at Dollar General ( we skipped ACE Hardware) around 11:25 am. By the time we finished with Dollar General and Holiday Market it was getting close to 12:30 pm. You will recall that a couple of weeks ago we checked out Double A Coffee Community for the first time, and loved it, so we decided to revisit them on our way out of town. We both ordered Americanos (large for moi, and small for TLE), and decided to split their Hot Pastrami Panni sandwich....
.....Halloween is still 8 weeks away, but the decorations are already popping up everywhere. Dollar General has a whole aisle dedicated to Halloween decorations, and Holiday Market a whole 'end cap'. Personally, I don't get it. Anyway, we had a delightful interlude sipping our Americanos, and consuming our hot pastramis on this chilly, blustery day.
We were home by 1:30 pm unpacking the Beetle, and stowing away our purchases. Speaking of purchases I did buy 4 metal sunflowers to put in one of our flower beds.....
....by the time I put away a few of our grocery purchases in the trailer I was getting much colder, so I headed indoors for the balance of the day. Sometime around 4 pm I got inspired and decided to tackle a couple of small projects, such as finding out why the display on our brake controller would not shut down as it always has for the 16 years it has been installed. I had to unscrew the Technosha Prodigy brake controller (for the trailer brakes), and then unplug the cable. Once I did that, of course, the display went dark. When I plugged it back in it showed the normal 'NC' meaning no connection to the trailer, which is what it should show, and within minutes the display went 'dark' as it should. Hmmm, that was easy....
....the display is once again 'dark' as it should be. I next turned my attention to the switch which turns the recessed LED strip lights around the salon on and off. They would NOT turn on the other morning, and I couldn't figure out why at the time. I thought maybe the switch was defective, so I rotated it in order to unscrew it from the wall when it began to work again.....doh....
....normally the switch faces outward, but as I rotated it counter clockwise to get at the phillips head screw the lights turned on again. Obviously, it is not the switch, but some issue with the wiring connected to the switch. Well, at any rate, they are working again. Further investigation will be necessary to determine what the wiring issue is.
In just a few minutes I totally (in the case of the brake controller) fixed one problem, and partially fixed another (in the case of the light switch). Time to take my victories, enjoy them, and relax again....lol....so I did.
Thanks for stopping by!









No comments:
Post a Comment