Tuesday, September 8, 2026

A typical long weekend Monday....

 5:50 am - Tuesday - September 8th - LPG&RVR - 42° F, humidity 34%, cloud cover 10%, wind 6 mph out of the southeast......partially cloudy today with a forecast high of 84° F.  On this date in 2014 TLE and I were in Cape Blanco, OR....



.....on a day off from being docents at the lighthouse.  This is called 'south beach'....so, so beautiful there, and such a great place to spend the Fall.

As I sit at my laptop on Tuesday morning it is still dark, and the sun will not rise for another 35 minutes yet (6:35 am).  It is pitch black outside.  By the time we head to work around 7:25 am the sun will barely have crested over the Warner Mountains to the east.  The sun gets lower in the southern sky each day, and here we are one week, and one day into September already.  When we begin our next 4 day work week next Monday we will be at the middle of the month, with just over 2 weeks remaining in our fifth season at LPG&RVR.  Yesterday, Monday, I saw formations of geese flying south, and a few trees have begun to change to their Fall colors.  By the 22nd of this month the sun will be setting at 6:58 pm, and the sun will not be rising until 6:49 am.  One of the things about living this far north here in California during the summer, and very far north in Arizona in the winter is you get to experience all four seasons.  There is a very definite Fall, a very definite Winter, a very obvious Spring and of course Summer, but not to the extremes that exist in our northern states.

Monday was a normal RV Park Monday after a long weekend (Labor Day).....you could almost hear the 'vacuum' begin to suck the weekend RVers out of the park.  By noontime it was a ghost town once again.  To begin the day I staged 6 carts not expecting to rent them all, but as the morning progressed we continued to rent carts, and by 2 pm we had 14, or 15 carts on the course.  Not a bad 'vacuum' day as 'vacuum' days go.  I still had 5 carts left over from Sunday to wash and stow, but I didn't wash them until almost 10 am because it was too cold.  There was frost on the seats of those 5 carts.

Around 10:30 am I headed out to the driving range to clear the range balls, so they could be washed, dried, and poured back into the 55 gallon barrel in the Clubhouse.  Our mower, DeWayne Matthews, is in Montana attending a wedding, so there was no mowing to be done.  If no mowing is to be done, why clear the driving range, right?  Well, the barrel was about 1/2 empty, and I didn't want my counterpart to have to clear that many balls on Thursday.  Thursday is supposed to be a light day for clearing range balls, and we both look forward to that.  Typically on a Thursday we pick less than a 1/2 bucket of balls.  On Monday I cleared over 2 buckets.

By the time I finished washing one bucket of balls it was time for TLE's 90 minute lunch break.  I think I answered one phone call, and sent out two golfers for 18 holes.  Otherwise it was pretty slow. After lunch I managed to wash all 8 carts which had been returned, washed and dried the rest of the golf balls, spent time talking with customers, and then stowed the 8 carts.  It was after 3:30 pm, and time to head for home for a hot shower, and a nap before giving TLE a ride home at 5 pm.  The temp got to maybe 74° F, and it was a very laid back kind of day.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment