Friday, September 25, 2026

A few last things.....

 5:49 am - Friday - September 25th - LPG&RVR - 55° F, humidity 39%, cloud cover 32%, wind 13 mph out of the west.....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 69° F.  On this date in 2015 TLE and I were in Bandon, OR.....


.....at Tony's Crab Shack having their amazing fish tacos (TLE actually had their Salmon Alfredo).

We rented 4 Club Car electrics and all 6 EZ-GO gassers for a total of 10 carts Thursday, and it really didn't even seem that busy.  I had 5 carts leftover from Wednesday.  By the end of the day six of the ten would return leaving four to wash Friday morning.  Speaking of Friday morning, with the arrival of Friday we have just 5 work days left in our summer season, including Friday.  We'll have a four day weekend after Friday, and then the final four work days.  By next Sunday we will begin to take down our site.  Where has the summer gone?

When we arrived at the Clubhouse there was a balmy breeze blowing out of the southwest.  The temp would hit 84° F late afternoon, but it felt warmer than that all day.  Overnight it will plunge just to 69° F on Friday, then stay in the 70's for the rest of the time we are here.  By 10 am I was mowing the large gazebo grass, then 13 of the 15 pull through sites (21-35) before it was time to clear the driving range for the second to last time this summer.  Not many range balls had been hit over the past week, and I ended up harvesting about 2/3's of a bucket of balls.  Combined with the almost 1/2 bucket of balls I picked Wednesday, there were just over 1 bucket of balls cleared over two days.  By the time I finished with that it was almost time for TLE's lunch break.

After TLE's lunch break I washed the range balls (didn't take long), and then washed the four Club Car electrics which had been returned.  Two more of the EZ-GO carts would return before 3:30 pm.  I managed to mow one more of the pull through sites leaving just the large grass area next to site #30.  From there I headed over to the group fire pit area to mow there, and I was done.  I'll do a little more mowing Friday, and that will be the last I mow this season.  The grass is really not growing that quickly now, and Steve will probably take care of the 10 back in sites over his four day shift.

I was home before 3:30 pm relaxing for about 1/2 an hour, then out in the trailer organizing the many craft beers for the 'Pub Crawl' Friday evening.  I filled three ice chests half full with ice at the restaurant, then began to insert the beer bottles, and cans into the ice to get them all cold for Friday night.  By the time I finished with that it was time to go pick up TLE and head home.  

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment