Friday, September 18, 2026

Just 8 left....

 8:19 am - Friday - September 18th - LPG&RVR - 48° F, humidity 51%, cloud cover 15%, wind 10 mph out of the north by northwest......kind of hazy, blue skies today with a forecast high of 72° F.  On this date in 2012 TLE and I were in Denver, CO.....

Not that far from downtown Denver



.....visiting Red Rocks Amphitheater.  Many famous Rock Bands have played there over the years, including the Beatles and Stones, plus there is an onsite museum detailing all of those bands.

Day four of our four day work cycle came, and went quickly as it always does.  After staging the 6 EZ-GO golf carts I got busy washing the 12 carts left over from Wednesday.  The sun is not high enough in the sky to hit the 'Cart Return' area when we report for work now, so I wait until after 8 am to begin washing carts so I can do it in the warmth of the morning sun.  For the first time since last May I worked all four days wearing pants, long socks, and a long sleeve shirt.

After washing the carts I spent time disconnecting the positive and negative cables from the battery in Club Car #26 (round nose) to clean the terminals, and the cable ends as it seemed the starter was not  getting full power making it difficult to start.  When I reconnected them it started as it should, and cleaning the terminal seems to have done the trick.  On the other hand, #77 Yamaha runs like it has a fouled plug, but I pulled the plug and it was clean, so back to the drawing board on that one.

By the time I finished with the carts it was around 10:45 am, and time to begin clearing the range balls off the driving range.  DeWayne is only mowing the range once a week on Thursdays now, so unless we are running out of range balls we don't clear it on Monday's anymore.  Based on the 55 gallon barrel being about half empty I estimated we could glean between 2 and 3 buckets of balls.  Claude was not busy so he helped me clear the range, and it is a good thing he did as it took us 45 minutes to fill 3 five gallon buckets, and without his help it would have taken me well past TLE's lunch break.....thank you Claude!

Just as I finished filling the buckets with water I noticed the group using the large gazebo had departed, and I knew another group would be arriving soon, so I hopped on the 2 bag Husqvarna and had the grass mowed in less than 10 minutes.  By that time it was 12 pm, and time for TLE's lunch break.  Things were moderately busy during that 90 minute interlude, and soon I was back outside washing golf balls, and then golf carts as they began to return.  I stayed busy until 3:30 pm, then headed for home to begin my 4 day weekend.

And with the finish of Thursday we now have just 8 work days left in our 5th summer season here at LPG&RVR.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment