Saturday, August 15, 2026

Cool temps speed the passage of time....

 5:49 am - Saturday - August 15th - LPG&RVR - 50° F, humidity 32%, cloud cover 11%, wind 12 mph out of the south by southwest.....partly cloudy skies today with a forecast high of 85° F.  On this date in 2020 TLE and I were near Coupeville, WA (Whidbey Island)....


....courtesy parked on the property of good friends Bob and Karen Fenstermacher (means window maker in German) with this view....


When the weather cools down it seems that time moves faster, at least on those days we work, and that was the case Friday.  Things are still slow here at LPG&RVR, but we did rent 10 golf carts.  The park began to fill later in the morning, and by the time I headed for home at 3:30 pm 10 of the 15 pull sites with grass were full, so this weekend promises to be a little busier than the past few weekends.

Even with a mostly empty park the work continues.  Grass must be watered, mowed and trimmed. Weeds must be eradicated.  They never stop growing, and to keep the flora under control weekly intervention is necessary, so I spent about an hour weeding around the large gazebo sites, then mowed the employee sites, followed by a trip out to the golf course to mow around those tee boxes for which I am responsible.....3, 10, 16, & 18.  I was back by 11 am, so I appropriated one of the string trimmers and headed down to the 'Night Office' lawn to trim around the hose bibs, and trees, then down to the playground to trim around the swing set, and 'Jungle Gym'.  By the time I finished it was time for TLE's lunch break.

We've been having an issue with Verizon the past couple of weeks for cell phone broadband and for our Clubhouse Verizon internet and land line phones, so no phone calls were received.  Thankfully, we also have Starlink in the Clubhouse, so we do have internet for office functions.  The time passed quickly, and at 1:30 I exited into balmy breezes, not a blast furnace like last week; what a welcome change!

By 1:30 pm the carts we had rented had begun to return, and by 3:30 pm all but one of the 10 had returned.  I headed for home where there was NO air conditioning running for a change.  All the windows were open, and it was quite comfortable inside with the outside temperature barely at 83° F.  I retrieved TLE from the Clubhouse at 5:05 pm after flipping the sign down at the 'Night Office' office, and posting the availability.  The day had passed quickly, and suddenly TLE and I were celebrating 'hump night'; just two days left in our four day work week.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment