Monday, August 17, 2026

A little behind....

 7:39 am - Monday - August 17th - LPG&RVR - 61° F, humidity 19%, cloud cover 59%, wind 12 mph out of the west by southwest....cloudy today with a forecast high of 89° F.  On this date in 2018 TLE and I took a 100 mile round trip drive out to the Schoodic Peninsula.....





....which is at the northern most part of Acadia National Park.  We even found out there was good Mexican to be had in this lonely northern Maine outpost in Milbridge, ME.

I overslept Sunday morning, the final day of our four day work week, so I didn't have time to write and post for Saturday, so here goes.  Saturday was another delightful weather day with the temp in the mid 80's, and a light breeze all day long.  The two week heatwave we endured seems a distant memory now.  We actually put out 15 golf carts Saturday, so  was kept busy.  When I wasn't tending to golf carts I was watering the 'Night Office' grass, and spot watering around the parking lot grass, which does have sprinklers, but there are always a few dry spots, especially when it gets into the 90's.  It was a rather routine day with no surprises.

I had ordered some side view, and rear view mirrors for Club Car Village #20 on Amazon a while back, and they arrived via UPS late morning, so I spent time installing them....


.....the side view mirrors cost $11 each, and the rearview mirror was $15.  Very easy to install, and now I can see what's going on behind me....lol!

By 3:30 pm only 6 of the 15 carts had been returned, so I would have 9 to wash first thing Sunday.  I headed for home to change clothes, and return at 4 pm for the weekly putting contest.  I hadn't made a single putt in two weeks, so I had no idea how I would do.  As it turned out I did pretty well making it through 7 rounds before making a mistake on one hole which cost me the the match....


....so my streak of not making it to the final has been extended for another week.  The the above photo you can see Steve Whalen (lower right) who works opposite me taking care of the carts, and mowing.  He is a good putter, and made it through 8 rounds before being eliminated.  The other folks are Joel and Donna....super nice people!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment