Monday, August 17, 2026

Have I told you I love Sundays?

 8:14 am - Monday - August 17th - LPG&RVR - 64° F, humidity 17%, cloud cover 59%, wind 12 mph out of the west.....cloudy today with a forecast high of 89° F.  On this date in 2012 TLE and I were in Oregon....


....visiting the world famous Multnomah Falls.....one of our bucket list items.

I love Sundays!  The rush of Saturday has come and gone, and now folks begin to pack up their stuff and return to their workaday lives.  There were very few golfers Sunday; I think we rented 8, or 9 golf carts, and all but one of them had returned by 3:30 pm.  I did mow the 'Night Office' grass around 11 am, but that was the extent of any hard work done.  

During TLE's lunch break I was able to watch a good portion of the final round of the FedEx/St. Jude Championship in which Scottie Scheffler returned to his dominant form winning by 8 strokes.  He began the fourth round just 2 strokes ahead of the second place players, but while they self destructed, he went four under par winning handily in almost Tigeresque fashion.

When I returned to the 'Cart Return' area after lunch 8 of the 9 carts rented Sunday were ready for their daily spa treatment.  By 3:30 pm I had put away the final cart, and headed for home to begin our four day weekend.  I ran the AC for short while to cool down the Newell interior while I took a shower.  I returned to the Clubhouse to pickup TLE so she could join me for our four day weekend.  Claude came over around 5:30 pm with a smoked Tri Tip steak, which we ate in our new dining canopy.  We ate and talked until close to 7 pm before bidding adieu to Claude, and heading indoors for the balance of the evening; a very nice way to end a work week.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment