Thursday, August 20, 2026

It's been a month already?!

 7:49 am - Thursday - August 20th - LPG&RVR - 65° F, humidity 16%, cloud cover 64%, wind 11 mph out of the south by southwest.....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 94° F.  On this date in 2013 TLE and I were in Coeur d' Alene, ID.....

The view

Our RV site for a month

....staying for a month at River Walk RV Park right on the Spokane River, which is a drainage for Lake Coeur d' Alene.

We drive into Alturas once every 8 day cycle (4 days of work, 4 day weekend), and Wednesday was that day this cycle.  We like to make the drive early in the morning, usually no later than 9 am, as there are still ample shady parking spots at each store we frequent in which to park our VW while shopping.  It's kind of funny to say, but regardless of the time of year whether here n the summer time, or in northern Arizona in the winter, we are always looking for shade in which to park.  We were in the VW heading north to Alturas by 9 am, arriving at ACE Hardware around 9:20 am.  

You will recall that a month (I originally thought is was like 2 weeks ago, but I looked it up on my blog and found it was July 18th!) ago we had the issue with our Splendide washer/dryer combo machine where the drum would not drain.  After working backwards in our trouble shooting of the issue from the most complicated to the most simple solution we discovered the issue was a Band-Aid clogging the drain hose as it entered the gray tank....


.....when we removed the fitting to unclog it we discovered it was rotting away, but since we did not have the necessary replacement parts we cleaned them as best we could and reinstalled them.  Before heading into town I removed the old fittings to be sure we got the CORRECT parts we needed.....


.....it has worked fine since then, but I wanted to replace it with new parts as the old parts had a very limited lifespan left, so after some help by the ACE Hardware staff member we bought the replacement parts....


.....a brass 3/4" to 1/2" diameter male to female reducer and a 1/2"diameter male to barbed hose fitting.  This new fitting will probably last longer than I have to live.  The barbed section of the new fitting is over 2" long, so that slight split you see in the drain hose will not be an issue.

Next we shopped at Grocery Outlet, then finished at Holiday Market before heading for home where we arrived without incident around 11 am.  After helping TLE unload our purchases form the Beetle I set about installing the new drain parts, which took about 10 minutes, as it should have.

The forecast high for Wednesday was 96° F, so I knew I would not have long on the 'lido deck' this day.  I got my book, and headed out to the 'lido deck' to read, and managed to endure the heat until 2 pm before heading back indoors.  Had there been any kind of a breeze it probably would have remained pleasant for another hour, or two.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment