8:24 am - Tuesday - August 18th - LPG&RVR - 67° F, humidity 20%, cloud cover 25%, wind 9 mph out of the north by northwest....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 91° F. On this date in 2014 TLE and I were in Walker, CA.....
.....having lunch at Walker Burger....best burger in the Eastern Sierra, and about 90 minutes later we were standing at the top of Conway Summit....
....enjoying the view of Mono Lake, and Lee Vining, CA. We were on our way to Mammoth Mountain to mountain bike with friends for a few days.
We were up around 7 am Monday morning, which is kind of early for us on the first day of our four day weekend, but I had promised Claude I would drive into Alturas later in the morning to pick him up at the local auto body shop where he going to have some work done on his Chevy pickup. I was on the road just before 9 am, and picking him up at 9:20 am. We were back at LPG&RVR by 9:45 am....that was a quick turn around.
I spent the rest of the day relaxing on the 'lido deck', and I mean the rest of the day. I didn't renter the Newell until after 5 pm. Even though the high temp of the day was 89° F there was a steady, cool breeze blowing all afternoon making it possible to remain outdoors. I read, napped, read, and napped some more.
TLE made stuffed mushrooms for dinner accompanied by a nice side salad. I'm here to tell you that was a restaurant quality dish. I wish I had taken pictures, but alas I did not. Not long after we finished dinner I noticed we were getting an interesting sunset....
.....it's rare that we get a sunset which stretches across the entire sky.
The park continues to be very unbusy. I do not remember an August like this the previous four summers. Since the 4th of July weekend this place has been mostly a ghost town. We'll get busy for a day, or two, but then it gets quiet again. Not sure if it is the price of gasoline, or all the fires, or a combination thereof, but what we are experiencing right now is not the norm for this time of year. Time to wrap this up, and head outdoors for another day on the 'lido deck'.
Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:
Post a Comment