Saturday, August 22, 2026

Hard to believe.....

 5:56 am - Saturday - August 22nd - LPG&RVR - 64° F, humidity 25%, cloud cover 25%, wind 17 mph out of the south by southwest....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 89° F.  On this date in 2012 TLE and I were near Vancouver, WA.....


....riding our bikes along the Columbia River....the Washington/Oregon drawbridge across the river from Portland.

It was back to work Friday for another four day shift.  The weather forecast was guessing that the temp would get as high as 91° F, but we had very heavy cloud cover all day long, which suppressed the temp enough that I do not believe it reached 90° F.  Every little bit helps.  

Initially I staged the 5 Club Car electrics as there were only 8 people signed up to play golf.  Then the walk in folks began to arrive, and before we knew it we had rented 11 carts.  Not a very busy Friday by LPG&RVR standards.  Once the carts were staged I grabbed the cordless hedge trimmer and headed up the hill to the residential area to trim a large bush between two of the houses.  The last time I had to trim that bush was our first year here, so it is not really a very fast growing bush.  In all I spent about 30 minutes trimming that bush, then raked up the clippings and hauled them to the burn pile.

Around 10:30 am I hopped on the 2 bag Husqvarna and headed down to the #4-10 tent sites to finish mowing them before proceeding to mow tent sites 1-3, and then all 10 of the backup RV sites along the meadow.  That took me to TLE's lunch break time.  I do not believe I answered a single phone call in 90 minutes, and sent out just one couple to golf; that was our 11th cart.  By the time I returned to the 'Cart Return' area after TLE's lunch all 5 of the Club Car electrics had returned so I began washing them, and while I washed them 2 of the 6 EZ-GO carts we rented had also returned.

In between washing carts I ran 4 different sprinklers down at the 'Night Office' grass, and one at the parking lot grass, and made multiple trips down to the 'Night Office' to move those sprinklers  from place to place.  By the time 3:30 pm rolled around I had washed all but 2 of the 11 rented carts, so I'll have the final two to wash first thing Saturday.

The 15 day weather forecast shows no more temps in the 90's, just 80's as far as the eye can see.  There are just 9 days left in August, and then we will have just 4 the weeks of September left in our sixth summer sojourn here at LPG&RVR.  Hard to believe, but there it is.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment