Monday, August 31, 2026

Time to get serious....

 5:52 am - Monday - August 31st - LPG&RVR - 46° F, humidity 24%, cloud cover 8%, wind 15 mph out of the south.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 86° F.  On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Yellowstone National Park.....

Look at the size of that 'rack'!


.....enjoying a Fall day in Mammoth Hot Springs.  It was rutting season for the local elk population.

We had another 15 cart rental day Sunday, which was a little surprising as the park was pretty empty.  Many of our golfing customers Sunday came from off site, some from as far away as Susanville, CA, and Lakeview, OR.  We began our work day, as usual, arriving at the Clubhouse around 7:30 am to open up the office, and stage a few carts for the earliest tee times.  I had 7 carts left over from Saturday to wash and stow.  Usually, if I believe its going to be a busy day I don't stow the freshly washed carts as they will most likely be rented before they dry, but I was sure this was going to be a 5-7 cart day so I stowed them.  Of course, I was wrong....lol.

After washing the left over carts I spent about an hour weeding around the large gazebo, the small gazebo, the water/electric sites, and the gravel pull through sites.  Each year there are fewer weeds to pull, and that is a direct result of weeding on a regular basis, plus each Spring Jose sprays the areas that tend to get a lot of weeds to prevent them from growing.

Around 11 am I headed out to do my weekly mowing around those tee boxes for which I am responsible.  The grass is not growing as fast as it has, and it had really been two weeks since the last time I mowed.  Even after two weeks the grass was not very long around those tee boxes.  I was back at the Clubhouse just before TLE's lunch break, which was the plan.

I was able to spend those 90 minutes watching some of the fourth and final round of the FedEx Cup Championship.  Scottie Scheffler began the day 3 strokes off the lead, but by the end of the day he was leading by 3, winning his second tournament in 3 weeks.  They say he earned $53,000,000 dollars this year just from golfing, not to mention endorsement earnings.

By the time 3:30 pm rolled around only 9 of the 15 carts had been returned; again we had a lot of people tee off after 12 pm, which means they will most likely not return until after 3:30 pm.  I took a moderately long hot shower, then took a nap before returning to the Clubhouse around 4:50 pm.  TLE had not yet finished closing down the office so I spent that time putting.  I've only got two more chances to get into the money and qualify for the final on September 19th, so I've got to get serious.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment