6:52 am - Wednesday - August 26th - Klamath Falls, OR - 50° F, humidity 35%, cloud cover 44%, wind 10 mph out of the southwest....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 84° F. On this date in 2013 TLE and I were on Whidbey Island, WA....
.....I think I publish this picture every year on this date....I am so beguiled by this woman's smile. It's been 59 years since the first time I met her and lost myself in her smile.
It's always my intent to 'sleep in' on our days off, even when it is a day we are taking a road trip. We didn't plan on leaving LPG&RVR until 10 am, or later, to make the two hour drive to Klamath Falls, but there I was wide awake at 6:20 am. I said 'good morning' to TLE to see if she was conscious, and her reply was "Why are you awake?" to which I replied "I don't know, I can't help it"....lol. I guess I am as excited to take a road trip with TLE today as I was that day 55 years ago after our wedding in 1971 when we hopped in our 1967 Datsun 1600 Roadster.....
.....to begin our trip to South Lake Tahoe for our week long honeymoon. While today is not our anniversary, the memories of that first week living together as man and wife are thick as I sit here in our wonderful suite composing today's humble offering to the blogosphere gods....
....it is the oldest watch I own. I bought in on our 20th wedding anniversary on our trip to Kauai. I wear it when I am working. I've changed the battery at least 17, or 18 times over 35 years, and she just 'keeps on keeping on'.
.....all of the clothing Goodwill sells has colored tags, and each day they designate a specific color that will receive a 50% discount. I managed to find the Hawaiian shirt, and this long sleeve 'T' with blue tags, so the total price was around $8.
.....they have the best coffee in town. TLE ordered a piece of their Mulberry pie, and I a piece of their Apple Crisp pie. We lingered over our coffee and pie for almost an hour before heading over to our hotel to check in for our two day stay. The last time we stayed overnight in Klamath Falls we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, and paid for the lake view (about $75 more per night). We used to stay at the Shilo Inn and get a suite with a view of the valley there, but they have been remodeling the hotel for almost a year now. Whenever we are picking a hotel at which to stay we like one with the 'IT' factor....for us a great view is the 'IT' factor for us.........
....we each ordered a small bowl of their Egg Flower soup (pretty big bowl), a for our entrees we ordered Sweet and Sour Chicken (moi), and Mongolian Beef (TLE). Of course, as is often the case with Chinese portions, we were served enough to feed 4, or 5 people. This is some of the best Chinese we have had in years, so thank you to our friends for recommending Wong's. In case you are wondering, Yelp gives them a solid 4 stars on 143 reviews....we would be more around 4.5 stars. We were 'home' by 6:30 pm, and with that the first day of our 55th annual Anniversary trip was in the books....






















No comments:
Post a Comment