6:01 am - Sunday - August 30th - LPG&RVR - 44° F, humidity 28%, cloud cover 3%, wind 9 mph out of the east.....very sunny today with a forecast high of 84° F. On this date in 2021 TLE and I were living in Seal Rock, OR.....
.....and walking on Seal Rock Beach just down the hill from where our Newell was parked for a year. Later that evening we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Georgie's Beach Grill....
Saturday, our 55th wedding anniversary, was as delightful a day as we have had lately. The temp didn't break 80 until late afternoon. We managed to put out 14 golf carts, and by 3:30 pm only 6 of them had returned. We had a lot of late golfers Saturday. The sun is not rising until almost 6:30 am now, and stays quite dark until then, even with very little cloud cover. When we arrive at the Clubhouse around 7:30 am each work day it feels more like 6:30 am as the sun is still barely in the sky.
On the last day of my previous four day work week I had pulled all of the golf cart parts off of the shelving in the 'Caddy Shack' to better organize what we have, and to find out exactly what we have. I didn't have time to put everything back on the shelving, so after staging 5 carts to begin the day I headed over to the 'Caddy Shack' to begin to put all of the parts back on the shelf in some kind of logical, easy to find order. I love doing stuff like that. Prior to the reorganization similar parts were scattered over three shelf levels, so we never really knew how much of any given part we had....now we do.
By the time it was time to give TLE her lunch break we had rented 11 of the aforementioned carts. The 90 minute lunch interval was pretty quiet with no phone calls, and just a single cart rental. Afterwards I spent about 45 minutes doing some weeding down in the 10 gravel pull through sites, and then returned to the 'Cart Return' area to begin washing the 6 golf carts which had been returned. By the time I had them washed/stowed it was time to head home and change clothes for the 4 pm putting contest.
I putted well Saturday, and made it through 6 rounds undefeated before losing to my 7th opponent on the 5th hole. I won my next match in the losers bracket, and then lost my 9th in a one putt playoff, and was thus eliminated one round before the final....so close. I didn't get home until almost 6:30 pm, but had a great time visiting with good friends.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment