5:54 am - Wednesday - July 29th - LPG&RVR - 52° F, humidity 28%, cloud cover 1%, wind 15 mph out of the west by northwest.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 92° F. On this date in 2012 TLE and I were near Raymond, WA.....
.....out on the Olympic Peninsula residing at a RV park on the banks of the Willapa River....early morning fog is beginning to lift.
Ahhh, back to work. Upon arrival at the 'Cart Return' area I found just one cart needing attention....all the others were already stowed. There were only 5 people signed up for carts in the daily tee sheet, so I staged the five Club Car electrics, then washed the aforementioned cart, and stowed it. Knowing it was going to be a slowish day, at least that's the way it seemed, I spent time making sure all of 'sanding bottles' on the carts were full. The sand, mixed with grass seed, is used to fill in divots in the tee boxes, and fairways. People must be using them because many were empty and needed to be refilled.
By the time I had finished with the sanding bottles all 5 Club Cars had been rented, so I next staged the six EZ-GO carts, and then headed down the hill to our large gravel pile to fill a couple of buckets with gravel to fill in some thin spots in the gravel around the area where I wash the carts. In all I hauled 8 buckets to the 'Cart Return' area on Tuesday. There are still more thin areas, and I'll get to them over the next few days.
The time was 11 am when I finished spreading the new gravel, and time to head out to the golf course to mow around those tee boxes for which I am responsible. It took me just about 55 minutes to get them mowed, and return to the Clubhouse to give TLE her lunch break. It was a typical Tuesday after the 4th of July weekend, meaning I answered just a couple of phone calls, and sent out a couple of golfers for 9 holes. Other than that it was very quiet.
By 1:30 pm there were 5 carts ready for their daily spa treatment, and as I washed and stowed those more returned. Ultimately we rented 14 carts Wednesday, and by 3:30 pm 9 of them had returned leaving 5 to take care of Wednesday morning. I find I am getting increasingly acclimated to the daily 90° + temp days, and not quite as waisted when 3:30 pm rolls around. It is a good thing, because the next time temps dip below 90° F will not be until August 9th, or 10th. TLE was home by 5:10 pm, and thus another day here at LPG&RVR has slipped into the past tense.
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:
Post a Comment