5:48 am - Friday - July 31st - LPG&RVR - 53° F, humidity 25%, cloud cover 1%, wind 12 mph out of the west......crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 95° F. On this date in 2018 TLE and I were in Southwest Harbor, Maine.....
....which is about 15 minutes from Bar Harbor.....we were having dinner at Beale's Lobster Pier. Wonderful Lobster rolls, and Allagash White (Belgian White); the best Belgian White I have ever tasted to this day.
I had one cart left from Wednesday to wash/stow Thursday morning. I didn't have to stage any carts as I had left the 8 Club Car square front carts staged overnight. So, on Tuesday we rented just 4 carts, and Thursday we rented three. It's hot, the park is almost empty, and its late July....aka: The Dog Days of Summer. Speaking of late July, Saturday is August 1st. It seems like it was just June 1st, but here we are 3 months into our 5th season here at LPG&RVR with just 2 months remaining.
After washing the lone cart left over from Wednesday I spent about an hour troubleshooting an issue with the 2 bag Husqvarna that is my weapon of choice when mowing. There are two belts the engine uses to spin the cutting blades in the mower deck, and to propel the mower forward (the drive belt). The drive belt appears to have stretched over the years, and there seems to be no way to tighten it. When going uphill it feels as if the brake has been applied, but it is just the belt slipping. Jose has ordered a new drive belt, which will be 'fun' installing. Anyway, I was able to get it running a little better, so took it out for a spin to mow around the two gazebos, the group fire pit lawn, and the large lawn by the 'Night Office'. The area around the 'Night Office' has a lot of ups and downs, and the mower did not like that, but I got it done. Hopefully, by the next time I need to use it we'll have the new belt installed. The mower has almost 1200 hours on it, and it is about 14 years old.
I did a little string trimming around the Clubhouse deck, and then spent the rest of my day watering dry areas around the park. Over the course of the morning we rented just the 3 carts, I mentioned earlier, and that was it. After TLE's lunch break I washed the three carts, and put them back on the line for Friday. We need to get those carts run, and I'll leave them there until they have all been run at least once around the golf course.
By the time 3:30 pm rolled around I was hot, tired, and sweaty from the 94° F day. I took a cool shower, took a nap, and then returned to the Clubhouse to retrieve TLE. Just one day left in this four day work week, then our four day weekend begins anew.
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:
Post a Comment