8:21 am - Saturday - July 25th - LPG&RVR - 70° F, humidity 12%, cloud cover 6%, wind 15 mph out of the west by southwest.....mostly clear, blue skies today with a forecast high of 92° F. On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Yellowstone National Park.....
......doing a 9 mile hike to Undine Falls.
I owe you a post from Thursday, and I apologize. TLE wanted to go shopping in town Friday morning, when I would normally have composed my latest offering, so I decided I would wait until we got home. Well, you know how that sometimes goes. I got home, and turned on Stage 19 of Le Tour, and totally forgot. So here is what happened on Thursday, the final day of our four day work week this time around.
The forecast high for Thursday (our Friday) was 94° F, the hottest day this week so far, but that coolness in the morning air had returned, thank you very much, so I knew the heat would not really arrive until late morning. When I arrived at the Clubhouse around 7:30 am with TLE I had a few carts left over from Wednesday, and since we had no golfers scheduled to tee off until 10 am I washed them first, put them away, then staged 10 of the Yamaha gassers to start the day.
Once that was done I headed down to the gravel area, the home of sites 1-20, to remove a bunch of Russian Thistle that was beginning to become an issue. Last year it took me parts of three days to remove it, but since I was so thorough last year it only took me around 30 minutes this time around.
By the time I finished weeding I was time to close the driving range, and harvest the range balls so DeWayne could mow in the afternoon. I wasn't expecting there to be many range balls out there, and for once I was right. In all I garnered just over 5 gallons of balls, and was done in about an hour.
With an hour left before TLE's lunch break I retrieved one of our string trimmers from the 'Caddy Shack' to trim around the three residential lawns up the hill, which I had mowed earlier in the week, then around the trees in the parking lot grass, which I had also mowed earlier. That took me just about an hour, and then it was time for TLE's lunch break. The 90 minutes passed quickly with only a couple of phone calls, and one couple going out to play a second round of 18 holes.
I was able to wash and dry the range balls I had collected that morning in about 30 minutes then began to wash, and stow the carts that had been returned. In all we rented 15, or 16 carts, and I was able to get 8 of them washed and put away by 3:30 pm. While TLE still had 90 minutes to go before her 4 day work week was complete, I was able to go home and begin my 4 day weekend, and get out of the heat. TLE was home by 5:10 pm, and was able to begin her four day weekend, too.
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:
Post a Comment