Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Busier than I expected.....

 5:59 am - Wednesday - July 22nd - LPG&RVR - 61° F, humidity 46%, cloud cover 17%, wind 13 mph out of the southwest....partially cloudy today with a forecast high of 91° F.  On this date in 2020 TLE and I were in Lakeside, MT.....




....having lunch at Tamarack Brewing Company right on the banks of Stoner Creek (aptly named).  We gave this micro brewery 5 stars, and that is the only 5 star review we have given in 15 years on the road.  I would go back to Montana just to have lunch there again.....WOW!

Tuesday was kind of a reprieve temperature wise with the forecast high being only 85° F.  We had heavy cloud cover all day long, which I am sure was the primary reason for temporary dip out of the 90's forecast for most of the next week.  On my way down to the 'Night Office' to flip the sign I noticed the yellow tape guarding the new grass had been taken down, and now there is no trace of the former single wide mobile home that was there for years....


.....initially it appeared Tuesday would be a slow day golf wise at LPG&RVR, but as the morning progressed more and more people arrived to play golf.  Ultimately, we rented 21 golf carts, so another 20+ golf cart day, which is not bad in late July.

Over the course of the morning it drizzled on and off, and while I was mowing a large field just to the south of the back in sites (11-20) which we will be using to store customers RV's.  We've had one trailer out there for several weeks, and over that time the weeds, and grass had grown to 2, or 3 feet high so it was time to mow and trim that area so we can begin to move more RV's there....



.....it drizzled the entire time I was mowing and trimming, but it was in the mid 80's, so it was really kind of pleasant.  I also mowed the grass around the large gazebo, which is empty right now.  After that I retrieved a string trimmer from the 'Caddy Shack' to trim around the trailer in the field, then continued trimming all 10 back-in sites along the meadow (11-20).  By the time I finished it was time to give TLE her lunch break.

People continued to arrive to play golf during her 90 minute lunch break, so I stayed pretty busy the entire time.  By 1:30 pm there were only 3 golf carts in the 'Cart Return' area, and by 3:30 pm only 5 had been returned, so I will have a lot of carts to wash first thing Wednesday.  I was home by 3:30 pm taking a nice shower, then a nap before returning to the Clubhouse to fetch TLE at 5 pm.  Most of the rented carts had been returned by then.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment