5:53 am - Thursday - July 23rd - LPG&RVR - 52° F, humidity 24%, cloud cover 1%, wind 12 mph out of the west by southwest.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 94° F. On this date in 2013 TLE and I were in Glacier National Park.....
....touring around in our topless 2002 Ford Thunderbird.
When you walk outside for the first time in the morning around 7:30 am and it is close to 70° F already it is kind of disheartening, because you know it will be a hot one. Until Wednesday the morning air still had that lovely coolness, and even though you knew it would get hot much later, you knew for now it would a lovely, coolish morning.
After examining the tee times sheet for Wednesday TLE and I estimated we would need 12-15 carts, so I staged 17 initially, and that was more than enough....we rented exactly 15 carts. I haven't blown the dust out of the engine bays in each cart for a long time, so I decided to spend the morning topping off the fuel tanks in each before using compressed air to clear out the dust that tends to accumulate over time. When things are not too busy there is time to take care of these types of tasks which tend to go by the wayside when we're putting out over 20 carts a day. By 12 pm I had finished all but 7 carts in the Cart Shack.
I made one round of the golf course to check on the sand bunkers, and found them all to be untouched.....






No comments:
Post a Comment