7:55 am - Wednesday - October 11th - 42º F, humidity 41%, wind 13 mph out of the southwest......partly cloudy.....forecast high for today in Livingston, MT is 65º F........I have no idea where we will be later today, but wherever that may be it will be a nice day, except for the wind.
When we last left off we had gone to bed Tuesday morning around 2:15 am. It seemed like just a few minutes later the sun was casting unwanted light inside the Newell. I made a valiant effort to keep sleeping, but by 8:30 am I surrendered and got up (TLE had no such struggle.....she continued sleeping for another hour). So, just 6 hours of sleep, which only served to reconfirm our decision to add a day to our stay in Livingston, and take the entire day Tuesday to leisurely straighten up the trailer interior in preparation for VW insertion, as well as indulge in a couple of well deserved naps.
The weather forecast indicated winds in the 20+ mph range out of the southwest, and that is what we got all day long (still blowing as I write). While I toiled in the trailer TLE went to the local Town & Country Market to restock our increasingly bare cupboards. By the time she returned I was well on my way to finishing my work in the trailer. Even though I have done this more times than I care to count I always wonder if I will be able to get the VW inside once again. I think it is time to begin to thin out what we carry with us.
Eventually, around 4:30 pm, I opened up the rear door of the trailer so TLE could drive the VW Beetle inside.....it was a tight fit, which only reconfirms my feeling that it is time to go through everything we carry and start making those difficult decisions. So, the car is in the trailer, it is time to disconnect our umbilical cords........we are ready to light the fires, and roll our wheels 1,200 miles southward to the Grand Canyon!
As I sit here writing I feel a little anxious about moving day after day once again after being mostly stationary for almost 6 months. With the lone exception of moving from SLT up to YNP over a 5 day period we have been stationary 99% of the time. Our plan is to take a little over 3 weeks to reach the east end of the Grand Canyon.....the adventurous side of me is looking forward to that drive and that time spent moving slowly southward, but there is this other side of me that enjoys the continuity which comes from being stationary. Ironically, whenever we have been changing our view on a regular basis the exact opposite feelings come to the surface......I resist staying in any place longer than a week, or two, and I am always thinking about the next adventure.
Thanks for stopping by!