Monday, March 23, 2020

Day of rest.......

7:10 am - Monday - March 24th - Wittmann,  AZ - 51° F, 77% humidity, wind 2 mph out of the north.......clear, blue skies today with a forecast high of 70° F.

After the air, land and beach assault exercise Saturday I took a day of rest as my aching bones needed a vacation from the 'TO DO' list.  I still had that new block heater switch to install sitting there staring me in the face, and finally about mid afternoon I gave into it and did the installation.  Since there was no need to cut any holes in the wall it was pretty easy.....just remove the 38 year old illuminated switch, and replace with one that is nearly identical........

 New block heater switch installed....working

 The old block heater ground....not good

.....I discovered the 38 year old switch had no ground, so replacing it with one that is now grounded was a good idea even if the old switch was not showing signs of imminent failure.  What signs you might ask, or wonder?  Occasionally when we would turn on the block heater the red light would not come on, and we could see no current was being drawn.  If we switched it off, and then back on again it would work.  The other sign was that sometimes when we would turn it on you could hear a quite audible "fffffsssssttt".....sounded like something was shorting inside the switch.  The old switch did not show any outward evidence of shorting, but it was obvious something was wrong with it internally.  At any rate that is one more thing crossed off the 'TO DO' list, and it only took 30 minutes.  

Regrettably, the 'TO DO' list seems to be growing again.....I now have 11 items left to be tackled.  Not all of them, to be sure, involve the Newell, or trailer, or bicycles.  I need to cancel a plane ticket for April 19th out of Portland to Spokane....I was going to fly to see my mother for a couple of days while Glenn and Laureen get their solar system installed at A.M. Solar, but now I'm not even sure we can get to Oregon, and on top of that the retirement home where my mother lives is discouraging family and friends from visiting its tenants at this time.  My sister visits her once, or twice a week to bring her good, and other necessities, but even that essential service may begin to have some restrictions.  I still need to call XM Radio to renegotiate our monthly fee for three receivers.  I thought I was paying around $40/month, but it turns out I am paying $49 and change per month....that has got to come down.

I really have nothing more to report for Sunday except that as of today, Monday, TLE and I are still asymptomatic for the Chinese Virus.  We feel good, and are still losing weight on our Keto diet. We should know more about our travel plans, or lack thereof within the next 10 days.  We are not scheduled to leave Wittmann until April 6th, so we have plenty of time to make decisions.  We have enough TP to last us another 3 weeks, and the local stores have plenty of food items.  TLE is experimenting with ordering from Walmart online, and picking it up.  We have an order in, and a scheduled pickup time of between 1 and 2 pm this Tuesday.....we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate linkand  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to by a tank of diesel for which we thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.