7:32 am - Saturday - October 31st - TWW - 47° F, humidity 71%, cloud cover 79%, wind 14 mph out of the south.....cloudy today with a forecast high of 59° F. On this date in 2013 TLE and I were finishing installing new faux wood vinyl flooring in the Newell....
.....we originally had real wood flooring, but it was coming apart. We also removed the the couch, bought another euro recliner for TLE, and installed a work station which I still use to this day. Now, 13 years later, we are on our third iteration of flooring, which we installed back in 2022. The view this morning.....
We awoke Friday to the threat of rain, which became reality around 9 am. It rained quite hard for several hours, and by hard I mean so hard it was deafening at times. The rain continued until early afternoon. As a result two of our six new IBC water totes filled half way, and the other four have anywhere from 6" to a foot of water in them. The real test will happen Sunday when the weather guessers are forecasting 1/2 inch of rain, which should last all day. If that forecast comes to pass I would imagine all six new IBC totes will be full giving us over 3,400 gallons of water catchment in the past couple of months.
We ran our Predator dual fuel, 5,000 watt generator for a couple of hours to get our Bluetti bank of batteries charged to 100%, then the sun took over to charge the two Cloud Energy lithium house batteries. By the end of the day all of our batteries were at 100%. 90% of the time we do not need to run the Predator at all, even on cloudy days, but it is good to have it on super rainy days like Friday. To pass the time I caught up on a number of the YouTube channels I follow, and TLE read.
We convened at the house to have dinner with Charles and Phyllis around 4 pm. TLE prepared potato soup with sour dough cheese bread; a perfect winter dinner. We have travel plans which originally had us leaving TWW on Sunday to drive to Yuma for our semi annual dental exams and cleaning, but due to the forecast of 1/2 " of rain coming down Saturday night and all day Sunday we are leaving Saturday to get out before the main north/south arterial becomes impassable. We'll leave Saturday before the rain begins, spend Saturday night in Kingman, then continue our trip south to Yuma on Sunday morning.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment