5:49 am - Tuesday - July 28th - LPG&RVR - 50° F, humidity 27%, cloud cover 0%, wind 11 mph out of the north by northwest....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 91° F. On this date in 2013 TLE and I were hiking to 2 Medicine Lake, and Aster Falls.....
.....in Glacier National Park, Montana.
It comes around once every 8 days.....the final day of our four day weekend, and then we begin another 8 day cycle, or 'week', if you will. The work days are pretty much the same (stage carts, wash carts, stow carts, water, mow, wash, rinse repeat), they just occur on different days each week. The days off are pretty much the same (shop one day, work on a simple project each day, nap, relax on the 'lido deck', wash, rinse, repeat). It might seem boring to many, but there is this kind of gracious rhythm to which we dance each 8 day cycle, or week. Our current 8 day cycle will take us to August 4th leaving less than 8 weeks in our 5th season here at LPG&RVR. Time marches relentlessly forward, and there is not one thing we can do about it, except enjoy the ride.
As you will recall, our East Oak dining canopy succumbed to a micro burst wind event about 10 days ago, and we actually received the new one (same brand) early in our previous 8 day cycle. We avoided unpacking, and setting up the new one as we had pretty strong breezes the firsts three days of our four day weekend, but Monday proved to be the perfect day with almost no wind. We were not afraid of the new one being damaged, but did not want to fight with it in breezy conditions. Once I had finished my latest missive TLE and I went outside to do the deed.....
....which we believe will keep it from moving around in strong winds causing damage to the fabric. In all it took us around an hour beginning to end to install the new East Oak dining canopy.
Once that was done it was time to spend some quality time on the 'lido deck' enjoying the balmy breezes on a day where the forecast high would be 90° F. In spite of that forecast I was able to comfortably lounge on the 'lido deck' until after 3:30 pm before I headed indoors to the cool, air conditioned interior of the Newell. I listened to music, smoked a cigar, read, and napped for about 5 hours.
Well, it is Tuesday morning, and time to get ready for another 8 day week, and four days of work. As I finish today's entry I can see the sun's rays peaking over the eastern horizon with NO clouds in sight.
Thanks for stopping by!








No comments:
Post a Comment