8:05 am - Sunday - July 26th - LPG&RVR - 68° F, humidity 17%, cloud cover 0%, wind 15 mph out of the west by southwest.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 90° F. On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Yellowstone National Park.....
TLE at the entrance to the trail
One of the beaver ponds
.....hiking the Beaver Ponds Trail near Mammoth Hot Springs. We hiked a lot that summer on our days off work, and ended up doing over 100 miles.
To begin day two of our 4 day weekend TLE and I took down our dining canopy. Why? Well we had a micro burst wind come through the RV park which ripped an awning off a class A motorhome, and destroyed a couple of dining canopies, ours being one of them. Up until that point, over two summers, the domed dining canopy had handled the occasional winds we get here at LPG&RVR, but not this one. So, we dismantled the damaged dining canopy to clear the way for the new one we received via FedEx a few days ago......
.....by the time we had folded up the damaged dining canopy and tossed it into the dumpster it was getting warm, and I really intended to head indoors, but remembered that TLE had mentioned she saw a broken sprinkler on our lawn, so I went to inspect that. I'm not sure how it got broken, but there it was laying on the grass. I headed over to the 'Caddy Shack' where we have a supply of new, unused sprinklers to pick out new one to replace the broken one and had it installed within 25 minutes.....
During the day we watched the entirety of Stage 20 of Le Tour de France which set the 'stage' for the 21st and final Stage of this year's tour.
Of course, there is always the weekly putting contest held at 4 pm each Saturday. TLE and I headed over just before 4 pm....
.....to set up our chairs, and get ready. Saturday was not my day, in fact, it was far, far from my best day. I lost my first match, but due to the scarcity of putters this weekend, we had double elimination, so I got a second chance, and won that match in a one hole 'putt off' (one putt by each player, closest to the hole) with a very good putt. I was doing well in my third match, putting my ball close to each of the first 2 holes, and was up 1-0 beginning the 3rd hole when I miss hit my first put, only getting half way to the hole. I barely missed my second putt, and fell into to a 1-1 tie. On the 4th hole I made a good putt, but missed my second putt, inexplicably....it was only a couple of feet, but it stopped right on the lip of the cup, and stayed there. I was sure it was going to fall into the hole, but it did not, so I lost that hole to go down 2-1, and with a tie on the 5th and final hole I was eliminated....doh! All that being said, we had a great time joking, and laughing with our fellow contestants.
We were home by 5:30 pm at which time TLE served dinner consisting of a bowl of Ceviche (cold) accompanied by chips and salsa. It was the perfect dinner for a hot day. Her Ceviche, by the way, was her best effort to date....she really nailed it. As I often remark, it was 'restaurant quality'.
Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:
Post a Comment