Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The perils of 1st Saturday.......

I've still got a few items on my Newell 'to do' list to tackle, and one of them is to install a shelf in my electrical bay.  I store 50 amp, 30 amp, and 15 amp extension cords in there, a couple hundred feet of cable for my Winegard Carryout G2 in case I have to run it out over 50 feet, the support arms which are used to tilt my solar panels, and various electrical adapters (50 amp to 30amp, 30 amp to 20 amp, etc.).  I've been using a couple of organizers TLE was getting rid of a few years ago, but they really aren't deep enough to do the job.  What I wanted to replace the 'temporary' set up with was one 20" X 41" piece of 3/4" plywood (the existing organizers are only 14" deep and 20" wide each).  Although the current arrangement has been in use for over 6 years I have never been happy with it, and always feel like I'm having to re-organize everything to fit a bad configuration.....that is about to end.

What a mess, huh?

Around 1100 hours I headed over to the local Home Depot to pick up what I needed, plus to buy a few things for the other 'to do' list I am running right now......the 'house to do' list.  I love going to Home Depot on any Monday that is not a National Holiday......it is so uncrowded!  And when it is uncrowded it is easy to find someone to help you find that for which you are looking.  I can usually go right to the correct aisle for most stuff, but some things are just not where I think they should be, or I'm one, or two aisles away when I ask for help.  It has been a while since I've taken the time to just wander up and down aisle after aisle.  By the time I left HD it was going on 1300 hours, and the wind had come up to a point where I had no interest in spending much time outside working on the electrical bay shelf, but at least I came home with the materials.

Around 1500 hours I headed back to our house in Ontario to meet a realtor about possibly listing the home in the next 60 days, and to work on the gate to our back yard......it was sagging and dragging on the ground so while I was at HD I bought six feet of wire cable (1/8th"), a couple of 'lag screw eye bolts', and a turn buckle to install on the gate to remove the sag.

Just in case you wondered what a 'lag screw eye bolt' looks like


By the time all that was done it was almost 1700 and rush hour was in full swing......it took me almost an hour to get home.....I really should have made that appointment with the realtor in the morning, but that is down side about being retired.....I forget about rush hour sometimes since I treat every day like it is Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to get a few projects done on your to-do list.
    Hope you post pictures.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.