Friday, September 23, 2022

Back to work we go.....a four day summary.....

7:34 am - Friday - September 23rd - Likely, CA - 42° F, humidity, 75%, wind 2 mph out of the east by southeast......crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 78° F.  On this date in 2018 TLE and I were having lunch at Burlington Beer Company in Burlington, VT....a couple of Barrista Coffee Porters for us!  We liked it so much we bought a 6 pack to take home with us.....↴ 

As promised, the following is a recap of our four work days (September 19-22):

Monday - September 19th:

Rain was in the forecast for Sunday evening through Monday afternoon, and that is what we received.  It rained, sometimes hard, all Sunday night, and was still raining when we awoke Monday morning.  We haven't really had that kind of rainfall since early June, and I wondered what I would be doing for work when it was supposed to rain most of the day.  I didn't even stage any golf carts until after 9 am when the rainfall ceased for a while, and I only staged the 5 Club Car electrics, thinking I would be putting them away without being rented later in the morning.  Monday is also one of the days I clear the driving range of golf balls so it can be mowed.  Since our 4 day work week included Monday and Thursday this four day cycle I would have been doing that twice this week had there not been rain in the forecast for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  As it turned out there was no mowing being done anywhere on Monday.  

I managed to stay busy for most of my 8 hour shift, which, by the way was 8 am to 5 pm....yup, I have returned to the 8-5 grind once again.  While I loved getting off work at 3 pm, I was less than enthused at getting up before 5:30 am to begin each day, and after 7 weeks of doing so I was quite happy to return to a more normal routine.  The sun is not fully risen until almost 7 am now, and going to work in the dark is not my idea of fun.  We did end up renting 2 golf carts Monday, but the customers didn't even get in 9 holes before the rain put an early end to their rounds. Anyway, for the first time in two months TLE and I rode home in the golf cart together.....nice!

Tuesday - September 20th:

It rained most of Monday evening, and into the early morning hours of Tuesday, and we were treated to a beautiful sunrise as a result of the clearing skies.....

....when the clouds lifted off of Mt. Warner we were not surprised to see snow......DeWayne, our 2nd cut mower, who has lived in Likely Place all his life says he has seen snow on Mt. Warner every month of the year, except August......

......while it did end up raining most the day, once again, we did rent 5 golf carts to folks who fully intended to play 18, but were chased back to the Clubhouse by rain midway through their rounds.

I pulled the small propane gas fire place Tuesday afternoon after we got home from work, and we had our first evening fire in a few months.....

Wednesday - September 21st:

Once again we were blessed with rain Tuesday night, and into the early morning hours Wednesday.  By the time 9 am rolled around I had staged all 10 of the Yamaha gassers (no electrics this day), and we ended up renting 8 of them.  It remained mostly cloudy all day Wednesday, and around 3 pm you could see it was raining over on Mt. Warner (10,000'+)....I love the big view looking out towards the tee box for hole #1.....

.....we rented a lot more golf carts Wednesday as the rain had quit by 9 am.  I think we rented 11 carts in all.  By the time TLE and I returned home from our workday it was already in the low 50's so we decided to forego an evening fire.

Thursday - September 22nd:

By Thursday there was a lot of pent up demand for our customers who came here to play golf, and we ended up renting 16 golf carts for the day.  I cleared the driving range of golf balls, and DeWayne, who was behind in his mowing, finally mowed the range around 2:30 pm.  I also headed out around 10:15 am to holes 18, 17, 16, 15 and 3 to mow the tee boxes for the first time in 9 days.  Since the temps have cooled so dramatically over the past ten days the grass is not growing nearly as fast, so even after 9 days they didn't look too bad.  I was back by noon to give TLE her lunch break.  I got all of the carts washed but 3 after lunch....the final three did not return until after 5 pm.

By the time 5 pm rolled around the skies had completely cleared, and we decided to take down our sun screen for the first time since June, and have another evening fire.....

.......a very nice way to end our 4 day work week!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.