Thursday, September 26, 2013


 Sometimes, like today, I wake up and wonder "what am I going to write about Wednesday (or whatever day I'm writing about at the time) that is noteworthy, or interesting, or informative?".  Sometimes I sit staring at the "Post" title box above for what seems like a long, long time trying to figure out what one word, or phrase will convey the gist of the day just passed.  Sometimes I think it would just be easier to take a day off, and post a link to the same date from a year ago.  Sometimes I just start with one word, like "Sometimes" and start writing what comes into my mind........okay, well not everything that comes into my mind.....just the stuff fit for civil society.  Sometimes I have the utmost respect for those who make their living "writing" books, or articles, and I do most of the time, but sometimes I think "they're good at what they do because they are just being themselves and writing about whatever comes into their minds, and for the most part their thoughts put on paper, or in digital format are consistently interesting to a lot of people", and therefore, they become popular.

When I first started this blog I only posted when we did something, mostly when we took a trip in the coach, or after we went full time, if we rolled our wheels that day.  It wasn't until we arrived at in Campbellsville, KY last October that I decided if I was going to become any good at this blogging stuff I needed to write something every single day, whether, or not "I thought" what we did might seem interesting, or informative to others.  What I found was that people just wanted to know about the experience, no matter how mundane it seemed to me.  I get comments often now from people who started reading my blog back then when I was writing on a daily basis about our Amazon experience.  At any rate, here I have written several hundred words about "sometimes".  I hope what I write about our daily life lived in an RV traveling around the U.S.  is interesting sometimes, but hopefully it is interesting most of the time.

Wednesday did not involve a lot, in my own mind, to write about......I started off as I always do pouring cup of coffee from our Starbucks Barista automatic coffee maker, which, by the way makes quite excellent coffee.  Then I pour a little half and half into it and watch it swirl, and change the color to a lighter brown.  I actually look forward to getting up in the morning just to have that first cup of dark roast just makes me happy.  Then I turn on my laptop, and sit down to stare at the blank screen that is waiting to be filled with something that I hope will be interesting to others.

Usually within an hour TLE gets up, comes out, pours a cup of that same wonderful coffee and asks......"is the blog up yet?"....sometimes I am able to answer in the affirmative, but most often it is still a work in progress.  Please understand, I don't spend that entire hour just trying to write the blog....I usually try and come up with a title, and write the first paragraph, then I may read some news, catch up on some sports scores from the day before, or check the weather.  I don't write the blog in one continuous session, but over about an hour it is mostly finished as I go back and forth to other websites.  Then I need to proof read it for spelling errors, and grammatical errors....sometimes I need to rephrase a sentence so it makes more sense.  Nevertheless, at some point I announce to TLE that the blog is up and ready for human consumption.

Once that is done then I am thinking about what we're going to do for the rest of the day.  Wednesday I needed to get the envelopes for our three tax returns addressed, then over to the Post Office to be mailed.  Once that was done we decided we would walk to the Post's about 1.75 miles away......just a straight shot down Holly....and since we were going to pass the IGA we stopped off to get some more half and half, milk, and some slightly small trash bags.....apparently the other day we inadvertently purchased the incredibly small trash bags in error.

By the time we returned to the coach an hour and a half later it was time for lunch.  After lunch I took a nap.....I had gone to bed Tuesday night after midnight, and was up at 6:15 am.....not nearly enough shut eye for me, so I napped for about an hour, then took to reading a book on my Kindle for much of the afternoon.  That was our day......sometimes it is not exactly captivating, but it is what it is, and I hope it was a little bit interesting.

Right now we are just kind of killing time until we start working.  There is not much to do around town....there is not even a movie theater.   There are, however, a lot of hardware stores, tractor supply stores, automotive parts stores, and a lot of pizza places.  We are ready to work, and on Thursday we will head out to the Sugar Valley pile site and do our on site job training.  

The promised rain did arrive early evening, and continued on and off all night long.  Right now it is kind of blustery, and the skies are a leaden is sure lookin' like a "winter's day".

Thanks for stopping by!


  1. "Sometimes" I worry there will be no blog that day, and I won't be able to live vicariously through you two until we can be fulltiming also. "Sometimes" I wonder how you do it everyday, and give you credit for doing so. But always I am glad that you do. Greg & Margie

  2. Thank you Greg.....things are about to heat up now.....did our job orientation today on site, and tomorrow we will be on site for a few practice loads of sugar beets, then Monday we are off to the races.

  3. I look forward to hearing more about the sugar beet harvest and your work. I am curious to learn whether there are vendors and merchants who arrive in town to sell products and services to the work crews who have descended upon the area. One of your photos showed quite a few motorhomes. I know you mentioned the honey wagon service, but perhaps other people see the opprtunity to set up food or beverage cart

  4. Hi Jeanne! Surprisingly there are no vendors, but I'm not sure the Fairgrounds would allow it anyway. Once we start working no one will be here from 6 am to 6 pm for the 3 weeks of the harvest. This town is pretty much geared to two industries.....agriculture and oil.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.