Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The big vacuum.......

8:35 am - Tuesday - May 29th - Southwest Harbor, ME - 56º F, 95% humidity, wind 5 mph out of the west.....clear blue skies with a forecast high of 78º F......we are off work today and tomorrow!

Monday was, as I like to call it, 'vacuum day' at SDC*....it is one of the things I love about working in campgrounds/RV parks.....it's very busy for 2, or 3 days and then everyone goes back to their workaday life and you have 4-5 days of quiet before it begins all over again.  By 12 noon there were only 7, or 8 RV sites still occupied, and maybe 4 tent sites.  The other side of the 'vacuum' coin is that all those emptied sites must be cleaned.  On this day Tony and I had 59 sites to check, clean and ready for their next occupants......

59 sites to clean.....and they are done!

.....and the other thing you must deal with is all the effluent left behind by the weekenders.  Since Monday was Memorial Day and the local transfer station would only be open for one hour from 11 am to 12 pm, we began our day picking up all the trash from our 62 trashcans  scattered throughout our facility.  We finished loading the company pickup about 9:30 am so having 90 minutes before the transfer station opened we began cleaning sites, and managed to clean about 25 by 10:50 am.  We were in and out of the transfer station in less than 10 minutes and back at SDC* at 11:10 am, at which time we both headed for our slightly abbreviated lunch hour before we commenced cleaning the men's and women's restrooms at 12 pm.  

Since it was 'vacuum day' the restrooms had not had heavy use that morning so we whizzed through them  both in a little over an hour.   Then it was time to finish cleaning the final 34 sites.  Tony only works til 3 pm on Monday's and we managed to finish cleaning the final site just before 3 pm.  I bid adieu to Tony and then breathed a sigh of relief.....just one more hour until my day shift ended.  

I spent a few minutes relaxing in the office and talking with TLE who had the Noon to 8 pm shift.  About 3:30 pm I drove the golf cart up to the 'garage' and gave it a good washing....it was pretty dirty from a day of cleaning sites.  I was back at the office to clock out just before 4 pm and then headed for home where I got out a Guiness Stout to slowly sip while I relaxed in my recliner, letting the tension slowly ooze from my pleasantly tired body.......

......there was a long, hot shower, and a long nap to follow before I headed back to the office around 7:30 pm to close the pool, and keep TLE company until she finished closing up for the night.  We were back home by 8:20 with big smiles on our collective faces....time for a couple of days of exploring and relaxing!

Thanks for stopping by!

*SDC = Smuggler's Den Campground

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate link, and  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which helps defer the costs of producing this blog each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.