Friday, November 22, 2019

2 Inches.....

6:44 am - Friday - November 22nd - Ramona, CA - 40° F, 97% humidity, wind - CALM......partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 65° F.

When I left off writing about Wednesday I predicted the water would be flowing over the spillway in 1-2 days.......

 Wednesday afternoon....↗

......well, it was less than 12 hours until that happened.  Apparently, according to reports, we received 2 inches of rain in the 2+ day storm which translated into a 7-8 foot rise in the water level in about 48 hours......

Thursday morning......↑ 

 Lake Lorenzo is back to normal!

......the pool has been closed since Monday evening, and it was still closed Thursday morning when I went to do the tests.  I pulled a bunch of large leaves off the bottom of the pool, and liberated 4 frogs from their impending watery grave.

I hauled a bunch of debris that Rich had pulled from the spillway area Thursday morning up to the storage area, then turned my attention to building the fuel station I wrote about a few days ago.  The interim rain event precluded me from doing any construction, but the rain had abated enough Thursday that I was able to put it together......↴

.....I finished it just before 3 pm.  The cabinet was procured from the shed which is within the 'backyard'.  It wasn't being used for anything so I repurposed it to store the gas cans upon.  No we can access the gasoline without standing on our heads.  I scavenged around the 'backyard' and maintenance building to come up with the materials for the rain deflector/sun shade.  The two pavers came from my collection up in the storage area.  Not a dime spent on materials.

After dropping TLE off at home I went back to the pool area to retrieve a squeeggee to begin to push the water off mini golf holes 1 and 2 so when the sun comes out on Friday they will have a better chance of drying out by the weekend.  By the time I finished it was almost 4 pm, and time to put my tools away and head for the 'barn'.

 It rained a few times for 1-15 minutes during the day, but I managed to remain mostly dry.  Nevertheless, by the time I reached home I was cold and looking forward to the warm interior of the Newell.  TLE had turned on all the heaters  when she got home at 3 pm, so it was nice and toasty when I walked in the door a little after 4 pm.

Coming up.....short Friday.....thanks for stopping by!

When you shop Amazon, please use our link (below) to access their website.......we will appreciate every purchase you make using our Amazon Affiliate linkand  remember, using our link will not add one penny to your purchase, plus we will receive a small commission which over the course of a year adds up to enough to by a tank of diesel for which we thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.