Sunday, June 19, 2022

Moving day......

 7:54 am - Sunday - June 19th - Likely, CA - 45° F, humidity 69%, wind 2 mph out of the northwest.....cloudy today with a forecast high of 63° F.  On this date in 2015 TLE and I hiked to the top of Mt. Tallac in South Lake Tahoe....↴

The view from 9,675' elevation of Lake Tahoe

As I wrote yesterday, it rained for a couple of hours early Saturday morning, and we awoke to a cold and soggy LPG&RVR.  We expected Saturday to be busy, but when it begins like this you never know.  I began the day by staging 15 golf carts initially, and then headed up to the large Pavilion to mow, and trim the site before the next group arrived.  By the time I returned TLE was calling for more golf just never know.  I think we rented 22 golf carts Saturday, and there were probably another 8-10 folks using their own golf carts, so it was a busy day.

I still needed to mow the tee boxes for the 10th hole, so I took care of that before TLE's lunch break, as well as mowing around the Clubhouse, and around the putting green.  My time in the office while TLE was at lunch was totally uneventful, and I was able to spend most of the time watching the Saturday U.S. Open drama unfold.  They call Saturday 'moving day' at the U.S. Open, and there was a lot of movement.  The guys who were at the top of the leaderboard at the beginning of the round faded from sight under an avalanche of bogeys, and guys down the board rose to the top.  By the end of the day the leaderboard had been completely upended with the leaders moving from -5 to +2, or worse.....crazy!

After lunch I headed out to hole #3 do mow those four tee boxes.....the round trip took a little over one hour.  By the time I got back it was 3 pm, and the Cart Return area had about 8 golf carts ready to be cleaned and returned to the Cart Shack.  From 3 pm, until almost 5:20 pm I washed one golf cart after another, including two more Club Car gassers Bob fixed, and returned to service.  As of Saturday there are only 3 golf carts in the 'sick bay'....quite a change from two weeks ago when there were close to one dozen carts out of action.  I waited just outside the Clubhouse enjoying the early evening view, while TLE finished her work in the office....

.....and we drove home together around 5:30 pm with big smiles upon our faces as we began our 4 day weekend.  On Monday we'll head over the Warner Mountains to Surprise Valley Hot Springs for two days to enjoy their mineral hot springs in our own private hot pool located just outside our suite.

I managed to capture another nice sunset just before 9 pm.......

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.