Monday, June 27, 2022

Off by 4.....

8:02 am - Monday - June 27th - Likely, CA - 67° F, 21% humidity, wind 1 mph out of the south by southwest....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 93° F.  On this date in 2016 we spent the day with Dan and Carol Gates, college friends, at their cabana on the shores of Lake Tahoe near Incline Village......↴ 

I can't remember everyone's names, but Dan and Carol are right front in this picture....what a great day!

Sunday was our Friday, and for the second consecutive day I reported for work at 7:30 am.  It was going to be a 'hot' one, and as expected, most of our golfers had early tee times.  TLE thought she would need 12 carts (hot day, plus it was Sunday, which is 'vacuum day', as you know), so I staged 16 initially, then three more later in the morning for a total of 19 it turned out we rented 16.

Golf can be a very colorful!  These are just some of the dozens of golf balls I have found just driving around doing my job.

Once I was sure TLE had enough carts I headed up to the large Pavilion to run the sprinklers a few more times hoping to get that grass greened up before the next group arrives on June 30th for the 4th of July weekend.  

Once I had the sprinklers going I picked up the Husqvarna riding lawnmower and mowed the large grass strip in the middle of our parking lot, then around 10:30 am I headed out on the John Deere to finish mowing the tee boxes on holes 17 and 18.  I figured I could get out there, mow both tee boxes, and be back by 11:30 am for TLE's lunch break, and that is how it worked out.

The big Pavilion has 6 full hookup sites, plus 4 'buddy sites....two on either side of the Pavilion

Once again I took just a 30 minute lunch, and was back on the job by 1 pm.  By that time it was over 91° F, and shade was getting scarce.  I continued watering the grass around the big Pavilion, and finally began to see the ground getting saturated......that ground was really thirsty!

As I was watering the grass the carts we had rented in the morning began to return so it was time for me to start my afternoon cart washing ritual.  By 4 pm all 5 Club Car electrics had been returned, cleaned, put away, and connected to electricity.  There were still a few Yamaha gassers out there, but they can be washed Monday morning.

Early evening views....

I was home a little after 4 pm, grateful I was missing that last hot hour of the day.  TLE had turned on the A/C when she was home for lunch, and I left it on after my lunch, so I returned to a nice, cool Newell interior.....those 40 year old A/C's just keep trucking along.  After a hot shower, and a short nap I returned to the Clubhouse to get the list of late arrivals, and available sites for 'drop ins', and headed down to flip the sign, and post the two lists.  I had barely returned home when TLE arrived.  

TLE has been helping out 'Café Kathy' by bussing some tables when they get real busy, and holding the door for her, or Theresa when they are delivering breakfast and lunch orders to our alfresco dining area.  As a 'thank you' Kathy gifted TLE 3 top sirloin steaks, which we in turn grilled for dinner (we only ate two of them....the third we'll slice up for steak sandwiches in the coming days).  I got them to a perfect 125° F (medium rare). The meat Kathy orders is top of the line, and these steaks were melt in your mouth delicious!

So, once again, we are beginning another 4 day weekend......I love this job!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment