Thursday, November 17, 2022

Nomadic complications......

 7:40 am - Thursday - November 17th - GNHS - 49° F, 36% humidity, wind 8 mph out of the northwest.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 71° F.  On this date in 2016 Dr. Fabricant (Pacific Eye Institute) removed the post cataract surgery patch from my left eye.....for the first time in a few years I could see in vivid technicolor, and could read the eye chart down to the next to last line.....almost 20/20 vision again in my left eye......↴

I see you!

We awoke to high winds, which had gone on all night, to view the wind driven carnage in our 'lido deck'.....the pirate flag was down, and the sail sun shades, which we had disconnected from the patio awning so we could stow it, were draped over the umbrella and EZ-UP, the trash can from the office was laying next to the firepit, the artificial turf was rolled up near the rear of the was general chaos.  Within minutes TLE and I had restored order, I had put the flag pole back in its holder, and unclipped the sail sun shades from the eye bolts to which they were attached.

I received a call from Kyle late morning asking to switch the two rear tires on RZR #5 to the rear of RZR #2 (I had moved them a week ago as the rear tires on #5 were better than those on #2, and we were renting it that day), so he could replace all four tires on #2 with brand new tires later in the day.  I clocked in for about 30 minutes to get that done, then went back to what I was doing.....pretty much nothing since it was so windy outside.  

Since it was too windy to do anything, including take a ride in one of the RZR's I spent the better part of 3 hours setting up dental (TLE & I), cardiologist (moi), and dermatologist (TLE and I) appointments.  Trying to co-ordinate the appointments  so that they all fell on a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of any week was a little complicated, but in the end it all fell into place.  We're scheduled to be at Dr. Urena's dental office in Los Algodones on November 28th, at my cardiologist (Dr. Mulvihill) down in Poway (near San Diego) on December 20th (we'll drive down the day before, and stay at a hotel then go to my appointment the next day).  Then, finally, on January 9th TLE and I will see our dermatologist (Dr. Jou) who is also in Poway at the same medical center.  We were hoping to get both the cardiologist and dermatologist appointments on the same day, but there were too many conflicts, hence two different days.

You may wonder why we are driving down to Poway (139 miles each way) for these appointments, and that would be a valid question.  When I had my heart attack back in May of 2019 we were living at Ramona Oaks RV Resort just west of Poway, so that is how I became connected to Dr. Mulvihill.  We developed a good relationship, and became friends.  Dr. Jou practices in the same medical center on the same floor, and I went to see him about the basil cell carcinoma on my right ear so I could get a referral to a MOHS surgeon, and he also found, and removed the stage zero melanoma on my chest.  I like him a lot, I trust him, and, again we have a good relationship.  I really don't want to have to start over again with new doctors, so I have stuck with both of them.  Changing doctors doesn't really make any sense anyway because of our nomadic matter where we travel, we'll most likely always be a long ways from any doctor we point in moving from doctor to doctor, and we are almost always in SoCal once a year anyway.  Besides, it is a chance to get away for a couple of days, and we love Poway.

After all that phone work I was ready for an appropriately long nap.  The winds continued to howl all afternoon, but by 6 pm they had abated somewhat so TLE and I went outside around 7 pm to sit by the fire....we'd been cooped up all afternoon, and it was time for a little fresh air.  The night sky was filled with a trillion stars, and the light breezes were very balmy.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.