Since we left Fontana, CA back on April 17th we have studiously avoided driving in the rain, and for 6 months we were 100% successful until this past Sunday, and then again on Monday. We're kind of in a bind time wise as there is rain forecast in Campbellsville on Friday & Saturday, so we do not want to arrive in the rain, meaning we needed to drive Monday to get to Grayson, KY where we are going to stay 2 days at a small RV park where we will dump our tanks, take a break from the daily moving, and then head into Lexington, KY where we will overnight at a Cabela's which happens to be right next door to a COSTCO, and not that far from a Trader Joe's! From there we will make the final 100 run into Campbellsville, KY where we will sit still for 2 months.
But, I get ahead of myself. We awoke to threatening skies, but at least it was already in the 60's temp wise. We knew we only had about 69 miles to travel Monday to get us to a small RV park in Grayson, KY, about 20 miles west of the West Virginia border. We haven't had full hookups, or 50 amp service for several weeks, and thought it would be nice to have a couple of days with both before we continue our run to Campbellsville.
I started putting away the small generator around 9 am, and just as I finished it began to sprinkle. By the time we turned over the big Detroit Diesel 6v92 it had begun to rain, and by the time we were merging onto I-64 it was coming down pretty hard. On the plus side the road was pretty flat, so I just set the cruise control and held onto the steering wheel.
The time passed pretty quickly, and within 50 minutes we were crossing into Kentucky......