Monday, April 29, 2024

Here's to friendship.....

7:11 am - Monday - April 29th - LPG&RVR - 36° F, humidity 70%, wind 3 mph out of the north by northwest.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 54° F.  On this date in 2013 TLE and I were touring Mt. Vernon, home of George and Martha Washington.....

 Finally....a clear, blue sky day here at LPG&RVR.  While it was extremely cold all day long, it was a beautiful diversion from the dreary, rainy weather we've had the past week.  I only took off my jacket twice Sunday.....once when I gave TLE her lunch break, and once while I was cleaning a golf cart.  Winter continues to have a grip over the Pitt River Valley in which LPG&RVR resides.  Over the next 3 days (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) the overnight lows will dip into the 20's.  So happy we have our heated hose funneling water into our Newell.

I neglected to mention in yesterday's post that our long time friend, who also happens to be our ex brother-in-law (he was married to one of my sisters for a few years back in the 80's) Claude Banker, arrived here Saturday evening to spend a few days before he continues his journey to visit his 104 year old mother in Oregon.  Even though he and my sister have been divorced for a long time we have remained friends since 1978, when we first met.  Over the decades we have embarked on many adventures of the outdoor variety, including a summit of Mt. Whitney with my oldest son Chris, and too many long range bicycle trips to count.  When I say long range I mean up to 500 miles in length.  You can find a journal I kept of our longest trip taken on two Recumbent Tadpole Trikes back in 2008 here.

Claude and I had breakfast at 'The Grill' at the Clubhouse around 9 am, and then I took him with me on my first round of the golf course.  As many others who have preceded him have found, this is a beautiful place, with an extremely beautiful, well maintained 18 hole golf course.  We haven't seen Claude in  a year, so we had a lot of catching up to do, and the round of the course took about an hour.  Upon our return to the RV park I dropped Claude at the Newell, and went back to work.

The RV park, and cart paths have suffered with all the rain we've had, and there were a lot of tire ruts all over the park, so I spent several hours dragging a screen over all the roads, pull through sites, and carts paths to smooth them out.  I even hauled some gravel in the small dump trailer we have to cover areas on one cart path that had turned to mud, and no longer had any gravel.

In all we rented 10 golf carts on Sunday, and none of them came back with mud encrusted tires and under carriages as was the case on Saturday.  We expect the golf course to remain pretty busy this week as we have a large group (10 RVs) up at the large pavilion who are all avid golfers, which means they will probably play most every day since this week there will be no rain....just the ever present cold.

The last cart returned right at 5 pm, and then it was time to begin our 4 day  weekend.  TLE had ordered two BBQ beef sandwich plates from the restaurant, and Claude had some left over Mexican food from his trip here, which TLE heated up, so we ate our meals on the 'dining/gaming deck', and talked until it got too cold, at which time we retreated to the warm interior of the Newell for another couple of hours sipping whiskey, and revisiting some of our past adventures before Claude bid us adieu for the evening.

I have been negligent in taking pictures Sunday, but I promise to do better Monday....thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.