Thursday, September 17, 2026

Best midweek day in 8 weeks!

 5:40 am - Thursday - September 17th - LPG&RVR - 48° F, humidity 48%, cloud cover 44%, wind 10 mph out of the west by southwest......partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 68° F.  On this date in 2020 I had finally set up our outdoor lighting....


.....at our camphost site at Seal Rocks RV Cove.  The on site managers loved them!  the rope lights faired quite well in the salt laden air, but the Christmas mini lights eventually succumbed.  I still have those white rope lights, and they still work!

The temp dropped into the low 70's Wednesday, which made for a delightful work day.  It turned out to be a great golf day at LPG&RVR with a total of 23 carts rented.  Our first mid week 20+ cart rental day in 8 weeks.  The more carts rented the busier I stay, and that is what I prefer.  On the down side, many of them were rented after 12 pm, meaning many of them did not return by 3:30 pm, and that would be around 12, so I'll have a busy Thursday morning.

For the first time in a few weeks I rented carts 26-30, the old round nosed Club Car gassers, and they all ran well except for 26, which had intermittent issues with starting, but the golfers did make it back without having to be rescued, however, I'll have to spend time Thursday figuring out the issue.  We also had issues with Yamaha gasser #77, which feels like it has a mostly fouled spark plug.  It, too, made it back without needing a rescue.

Thursday I'll be clearing the driving range of range balls, but I decided to clear the woods on either side of the range Wednesday, so all I'll have to worry about Thursday is the driving range proper, and there are a lot of balls out there.  I checked the 55 gallon barrel in the Clubhouse and it is half empty, so there are between 2, and 3 5 gallon buckets of balls out there.  In all I filled one shag bag with the forest balls.

Just before TLE's lunch break I decided to mow the small gazebo grass.  I wasn't sure when the next group would be arriving, but it was getting long so I cut it.  As it turned out the group scheduled to use it arrived right after lunch, so great timing on my part!  The afternoon was a flurry of activity as I washed cart after cart.  By the time 3:30 pm arrived those 12 carts I mentioned earlier were still outstanding.  By the time I returned to pickup TLE at 5 pm another four had arrived, so there were will 8 out there somewhere.  All that remains between us and our next four day weekend is one more day of work.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment