5:52 am - Wednesday - September 16th - LPG&RVR - 46° F, humidity 42%, cloud cover 33%, wind 11 mph out of the south by southeast.....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 74° F. On this date in 2020 TLE and I were living in Seal Rock, OR.....
....taking our first walk on Seal Rock Beach, right across US-1 from our camphost site.
The RV park since the Labor Day weekend has been so much busier, which means I'm busier, which means work time passes more quickly....all good things. Once again our first golf customers didn't tee off until 9 am, even though there was no frost delay on Tuesday. I staged 4 of the Club Car electrics, but only 3 went out before 10 am, so I restowed the fourth cart, and staged 5 of the Yamaha gassers. Over the course of the day we rented 17 carts; very good for a Tuesday.....lately.
I spent time reinstalling the repaired right front wheel/tire on the 2 bag Husqvarna, and then proceeded to wash the 8 carts left over from Monday. After they were washed I then refueled each of them, then used compressed air to blow the dust out of the engine bays and centrifugal clutches. It has been a dry summer, and dust is the enemy of long life for centrifugal clutches. We had the same issue with the clutches on the Polaris RZRs we rented back in 2023 and 2024.
I was kept busy throughout the morning staging more golf carts, and answering customer questions about the course, and the property, and soon it was time to give TLE her lunch break. Lunch time was moderately busy for me, but the big rush came after TLE returned. I think 7, or 8 RV's arrived in a 25 minute period.
Six carts awaited me at the wash station, so I got busy washing them, refueling them, and blowing the dust out of the engine bays. Around 2:30 pm I took another run around the course, and took a couple of pictures....
.....the trees are beginning adorn themselves with the traditional Fall colors, so it appears Fall is on our doorstep. By the time I returned just before 3 pm TLE had rented 5 more carts, so I'll have a buttload of carts to wash first thing Wednesday. There were two more carts to wash and stow, so by the time I finished with them it was time to head for home to take a long, hot shower, and take a nap before returning to the Clubhouse to give TLE a lift home. So with the completion of Tuesday's work we had reached the end of another pay period, and 'hump night' leaving just two more days of work before our next four day weekend. By the end of Thursday we'll have just 8 work days left this season.
Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:
Post a Comment