7:44 am - Saturday - September 12th - LPG&RVR - 57° F, humidity 28%, cloud cover 37%, wind 21 mph out of the south by southwest.....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 81° F. On this date in 2014 TLE and I were in Cape Blanco, OR.....
In those rock formations in the background (above) you can see what appears to be a caricature of a whale (below)
....in our 15+ years of travel we have found the Oregon Coast sunsets are consistently the most beautiful, and amazing we have seen anywhere. Between Cape Blanco (Fall of 2014 & 2015) and Seal Rock (10/2020 to 10/2021) I have enough sunset pictures to make up a dozen calendars.
I still owe you a 'what happened on Thursday' since I dedicated yesterday's post to 9/11, so I'll do my best to describe Thursday's happenings first, before I transition into Friday's happenings, so you'll get a 'two for one'.
Thursday, September 10th:
In less than 3 weeks we will be able to sleep in every day until late April 2027, but for now we are in those 8 day cycles where we can sleep late on four of those days, but need to be up by 5:30 am on the other four, and Thursday was one of the four days every eight days that we do not have to rise early, so we didn't. By the time I finished, and posted my daily blog about Wednesday's events it was after 9:30 am.....how delicious!
The only substantial thing I accomplished Thursday was to install a new center console in our 2001 VW Beetle. The center console is like an arm rest, but it does have a lid can open to access whatever one might put in there like current registration, insurance cards, etc. The one that came with our Beetle had a damaged hinge, which prevented it from being adjusted to whatever height you prefer. It would remain in a given position for a few minutes, then fall. I found a previously owned on on eBay about 10 days ago when we were at Holiday Market shopping. I had finally had it with the malfunctioning one on the way into Alturas, so as soon as we arrived at Holiday Market that day I began searching for a replacement on eBay. The replacement arrived on Wednesday, so around 10 am Thursday I removed the old one, and installed the new one....
.....the old one was black on top, but gray on the bottom. This one is all black, but unless you knew there was a difference you wouldn't even notice. In all it took me about 15 minutes beginning to end to install the 'new to us' center console. Over the years I have replaced the right door 'card', the grab handle on the passenger side, and the glove box; all off eBay.
Once that was done TLE and I did something we have rarely done this summer....take a 1 mile out and back walk.....
.....we averaged just under 3 mph for 1.01 miles taking just 20 minutes and 36 seconds to do the walk, burning a meager 168 caloric units.
I spent the balance of the day relaxing on our 'lido deck' until late in the day. With temps back into the low 80's I can use my anti gravity recliner all day long. I spent time reading, and napping as is my custom on days off work.
TLE and I watched a documentary that evening on Nolan Ryan, the pitcher, on Amazon Prime. It's over an hour (1 hour 42 minutes), but if you are a baseball fan it is well worth it. It gets 5 stars on Amazon. He pitched well until age 44 when he tore a tendon, or ligament in his right elbow, and retired. He pitched 7 no hitters during his 27 year career, the final one at age 43. He played for the Angels, Astros, and Rangers during his amazing career. At his prime his fast ball could hit 108 mph. He holds around 56 Major League Baseball records. He won over 300 games, and had just shy of 5,800 strikeouts in his career. Randy Johnson is in second place strikeouts wise, and he is 1,000 strikeouts behind Nolan Ryan. Anyway, if you are so inclined, check it out. The title of the documentary is 'Facing Nolan'. I believe you can find it on Netflix, and Amazon Prime, and an abbreviated version on YouTube.
Friday, September 11th:
I had a hair appointment Friday morning at Kaleidescope at 9 am, so we were up right at 7 am....no sleeping in until 7:30, or 8 am on this day. It seems like my hair is growing at a faster rate than a few years so, and getting a haircut once a month is no longer working. I'm going to have to reduce the intervals between haircuts to avoid an out of control coif. Anyway, we were on the road in the Beetle before 8:30 am, and I was enjoying the convenience of the new center console that works as it should.....lol. We arrived at Kaleidescope at 8:50 am, the same time Sheila arrived....great timing. On this day TLE was also getting her hair length, and bangs adjusted, so she went first. By 9:35 am we were on our way to do our weekly shopping making stops at Dollar General, and Holiday Market where we found two large London Broil steaks on sale from $36 down to $18....killer deal. It's like buy one, get one free (2 for 1). They'll go into the freezer to be enjoyed at a later day, perhaps after our return to The Wilson Wilderness.
We were home by 11 am with virtually the entire day still in front of us. After helping put away our purchases I retired, once again, to the 'lido deck' where I remained until almost 5 pm reading, napping, smoking a cigar, and listening to music (Classic Vinyl, channel 26, Sirius/XM Radio). The mosquitoes are slowly disappearing as the overnight lows begin to eliminate them I think I got one bite all afternoon.
Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:
Post a Comment