7:35 am - Thursday - September 10th - LPG&RVR - 63° F, humidity 30%, cloud cover 92%, wind 15 mph out of the southwest.....heavy cloud cover today with a forecast high of 85° F. On this date in 2017 TLE and I were in Gardiner, MT where we lived that summer while working at the General Store in Mammoth Hot Springs.....
....Mammoth Hot Springs is in Wyoming, so we were crossing state lines twice a day 5 out of every 7 days. We came home from work on this date in 2017 to find two deer in repose on our artificial turf....how cool is that? Our RV site was right on the Yellowstone River....what a great summer it was!
As I sit here wondering what to write about Wednesday I realize that as of today, September 10th, we have exactly 12 days of work left, and 12 days of days off work; 24 days total, or 3 weeks and 3 days....lol. When you break it down like that it seems so short, and it actually is. Sometimes you get wrapped up in the ebb and flow of day after day working, or relaxing that the time slips away from you, and suddenly our 5th summer season here at Likely Place Golf & RV Resort is slowly slipping into the rearview mirror. It has been another great summer season spent with 'salt of the earth' folks. Some of those folks will begin their annual migration back south for the winter this weekend, so there will be a steadily increasing 'until next time' scenarios playing out over the next few weeks, and on top of that, I saw more geese heading south.
TLE celebrated the 38th anniversary of her 39th birthday on Wednesday, and had a steady stream of folks stopping by to deliver her their birthday well wishes. Sunny, who is the restaurant concessionaire for the foreseeable future, made her a special birthday dinner of her choosing, which was a double/double Smash burger (I got one too!), but I get ahead of myself.
In spite of the limited warming trend we are experiencing right now, it is very cold in the mornings, and I find myself wearing my hooded sweatshirt until well after 9 am most mornings. It is right on the edge of being too cold (first thing) for shorts. Since the forecast high was 90° F I added a short sleeved t-shirt to my work attire ensemble. Upon arrival at the 'Cart Return' area I found 5 carts left over from Tuesday awaiting their daily spa treatment. The tee times sheet indicated we would need at least 10 golf carts staged to begin the day, so I staged them, then washed/stowed the 5 holdovers from Tuesday. In all we rented just 12 carts Wednesday, and by 3:30 pm all but two had returned.
Between the beginning of the day, and the end at 3:30 pm I replaced the right front wheel on the 2 bag Husqvarna as the existing one had a bad bushing, so the wheel was wobbling on the axle. I borrowed the left front wheel from the defunct John Deere mower as it had two good bushings. We'll have to get a new bushing for the wheel I removed.
Later in the morning I helped TLE install a new printer (a Brother) to replace the old Epson, which is beginning to fail. They've had the Brother being stored down at 'Night Office' for over 5 years, and it is still in good working order, it just needs to have a new black toner cartridge installed. It has been ordered, and should be here next week. Otherwise we were able to install the appropriate 'drivers', and get the computer to connect to it, so all we need now is the new toner cartridge.
I gave TLE her lunch break at 12 pm, and stayed very busy for the 90 minutes answering numerous phone calls, and checking in 6, or 7 RVs. At 12 pm it was getting warm, but not bad, but by 1:30 pm it was hot. 10 of the 12 golf carts had been returned so I busied myself with getting them washed, and stowed.
When 3:30 pm finally came around I was more than ready to head for home to take a shower, and a nap, in that order. Sometimes I take the nap first, but it was hot, and there was no way I was going to live with myself without washing off the dust and sweat from another hot LPG&RVR workday.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:
Post a Comment