Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Reverting to form....

 5:55 am - Tuesday - September 1st - LPG&RVR - 54° F, humidity 27%, cloud cover 26%, wind 17 mph out of the south....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 74° F.  On this date in 2013 TLE and I were in Spokane, WA.....


.....having dinner on the deck at my sister's home....like TLE, my sister is a wonderful preparer of wonderful food.  It seems almost déclassé or jejune to call either of them a 'cook'.

After a rather nice weekend of cart rentals we slid back to our old ways (reverted to form) Monday renting only 5 golf carts.  I had 7 left over from Sunday to wash/stow when we arrived at the Clubhouse at 7:30 am.  After staging two carts (we only had one person signed up for a tee time at 8:10 am) and washing/stowing the 7 carts I set out a sprinkler between the putting green and Clubhouse deck, then a couple more at the parking lot grass, and all four sprinklers we use down at the 'Night Office.  I then spent a couple of hours moving said sprinklers from dry spot to dry spot.  Thankfully, we do not have a lot of dry spots right now as both Steve and I have been very diligent in doing the manual watering the past month.  

Now that the daily  temps have declined into the 80's the grass is staying greener with less watering.  In fact the temps this coming week are dropping first into the 70's (today), then into the 60's tomorrow (Wednesday), and into the 50's on Thursday when it is supposed to rain.  The temps will stay in the 70's until after the 10th when they creep back into the low 80's for a few days.

Around 10 am I used the 2 bag Husqvarna riding lawnmower to mow the employee sites, then spent the rest of the morning clearing the driving range of range balls so it could be mowed in the afternoon.  I managed to harvest two 5 gallon buckets of balls this time, a sure sigh of increased activity this past weekend.  Coming up we have the final summer long weekend called Labor Day, and before we know it we will be working the final 4 days of the 2026 season here at Likely Place Golf & RV Resort.

By 3:30 pm only 2 of the five rented golf carts had returned (more late afternoon golfers).  By 3:40 pm I had taken a shower, and was in my recliner taking a nap before returning just before 5 pm to the Clubhouse to ferry TLE home to close out the 3rd day of our four day work week.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment