7:13 am - Saturday - September 26th - LPG&RVR - 32° F, humidity 34%, cloud 68%, wind 11 mph out of the south....mostly cloudy today with a forecast high of 74° F. On this date in 2015 TLE and I were in Cape Blanco, OR.....
....walking on South Cape Beach (south of the lighthouse) for the last time before heading north to Springfield, OR to have some solar panels added to our rooftop array at AM Solar (no longer in business).
Friday was jam packed with with things to do. We rented at least 20 golf carts throughout the day. I did some string trimming of the large gazebo, and the 15 pull through sites I had mowed the day before, ran a couple of sprinklers on dry spots around the Clubhouse wood deck, and down at the 'Night Office'. Soon it was time for TLE's 90 minute lunch break. I sent out a couple of golfers, and checked in a few RVs, but otherwise it was not very busy.
After lunch I spent time hauling tables, and chairs over to the large gazebo where the our first annual Pub Crawl was to take place at 5:30 pm, and hauled more ice to keep all of the craft beer were were going to serve cold. By 3 pm there were 8 golf carts to wash, and by 3:45 pm I had washed 12 carts in all. Then it was time to head for home, take a shower, then finishing setting up our 'Pub Crawl' station. It turned out pretty well....
.....in all we offered 17 craft beer choices. You can see our 'High Forest Pub' banner in the foreground. In all we had about 20 stations offering whiskey, tequila, scotch, wine, beer (us), and a lot of pub food. The first annual 'Pub Crawl' was deemed a resounding success, and folks where still hanging out when we headed home after 8 pm. We left most of our station there overnight, but did bring home all the chairs, and ice chests.
Friday was literally our 'Friday' this four day work cycle, and it was a good week full of a lot of things I have now done for the last time this season....mowing, and string trimming among those final things. I'll be clearing the driving range one last time next Thursday, and washing/stowing my last golf cart on Saturday. I was able to spend time talking with a number of people who call LPG&RVR their home each summer, just as we do. Life is good! Now it's time to relax, and watch some NCAA College Football.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment