Monday, September 28, 2026

Cold, rainy and windy.....

 8:17 am - Monday - September 28th - LPG&RVR - 43° F, humidity 38%, cloud cover 2%, wind 10 mph out of the north by northwest.....crystal clear, blue, sunny skies today with a forecast high of 72° F.  On this date in 2016 TLE and I were in South Lake Tahoe.....



.....enjoying the company of Sue and Guy Cobham.  They had purchased a 1984 Newell Classic earlier that year, which I found for them in South Dakota, and their maiden trip in the Newell was to come visit us at Tahoe Valley Campground.  We were able to get them a site right next to us.  The view this morning.....


.....no more clouds!

TLE had to open the Clubhouse Office Sunday morning, again, so she was up around 6 am.  I managed to stay in bed (you notice I didn't say sleep) until 6:30 am.  With the lights on, the heaters running, and TLE making coffee it was just too much to sleep.  It's not her fault.  Once I smell fresh coffee being made I have this almost Pavlovian response, and must get up....lol.

It began raining just before 7 am, and rained on and off for the rest of the day.  TLE was on her way to open the office by 7:50 am, and back by 9:20 am after Cindy had arrived at 9 am to take over until noon time when TLE returned for the balance of the day.

I, on the other hand, remained in doors where it was warm and cozy enjoying not being outside in the bitter cold, windy, rainy conditions.  That was left to other poor souls to endure.  It being Sunday meant there were NFL games to be enjoyed, and the final round of the President's Cup (golf) being played.  I wasn't sure how much of the President's Cup I would watch as the USA was in dire straits going into the 4th round on Sunday, and if they didn't rally I would be watching more NFL football than golf.

The format of the Presidents Cup is match play just like the Ryder Cup.  And like the Ryder Cup it is played every other year.  Essentially, it is the USA players against the Internationals (from everywhere in the world except Europe).  The Ryder cup is the USA vs. European players.  Coming into this President's Cup the USA had won the last 10 in a row.  They got off to a good start Thursday leading 3-2 after the first round, but lost all 5 matches on Friday to the Internationals who now lead the USA 7-3.  The USA managed to pull within 10.5 t0 7.5 points on Saturday.  There are a total of 30 points available over the four days....one point per match won, so the USA needed 8 points out of the 12 points available Sunday to win, and the Internationals only needed 5 points.  I did not expect the USA to be able to accomplish that based on the previous three days, but I was wrong.  They ended up winning 9 of the 12 matches on Sunday, and tying one to win going away 17-13.

There were some very good NFL games on Sunday including the Raiders coming from behind in New Orleans to win their third in a row to start the season, The Cowboys losing a game in the final two seconds to the Ravens, which everyone thought they had won, and the night game between the Rams and Broncos in Denver, in the rain in which the lead changed four times in the final 5 minutes of play with Denver coming out on top.

The rain came and went all day long, and I never turned off our electric heaters.  I think the high temp was around 62° F late Sunday afternoon, but it did not feel that warm to me.  TLE was home by 5:30 pm.  Kathie and Richard returned to LPG&RVR Sunday afternoon so Kathie will be running the show Monday and Tuesday, and TLE will get to sleep in Monday (which she did).

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment