8:05 am - Friday - September 4th - LPG&RVR - 48° F, humidity 56%, cloud cover 56%, wind 10 mph out of the west by southwest....partly cloudy skies today with a forecast high of 60° F. On this date in 2015 TLE and I were at Cape Blanco, OR....
.....watching another sunset. Over the 15 years of our nomadic wanderings we have spent a lot of time on the Southern Oregon Coast.
We literally had no plans for Thursday as the weather guessers predicted we would have rain here in the Pitt River Valley from 5 am until 2 am Friday morning. That, my friends, did not happen. Did it rain? Sure about 5 minutes every couple of hours. The end result was the same as if it had rained continuously....we did nothing all day long. Every time it started to rain we thought this was it, but then it would stop 5 minutes later. Every time I would go outside to do something it would begin to rain, chasing me back inside, and then stop after just a few minutes. All that being said, it did rain just enough to settle the dust for a few days, and that is a good thing.
I did, however, have one rainy day project I was saving for Thursday. TLE and I keep very few hard copy files. Ever since we have been on the road we will save paperwork that we get in the mail, or otherwise, and when there is enough to justify setting up our scanner we'll do it all at once, then shred the paperwork, or sometimes burn it. Until we are ready to scan we store unscanned paperwork in a pouch behind the driver seat....
....the pile on the bottom is the scan pile, and the pile on the top is composed of owners manuals. Now that the paperwork is manageable I'll do a second sort, and winnow out more to throw away, such as duplicates, etc. That was my project for the "rainy day".
The temp never got higher than 53° F, and it was windy on top of that, so even without the promised rain, it was a day, if one was not required to be working, to stay inside where it is warm. We passed the time reading, and watching some YouTube videos, stopping periodically to listen to the rain on our riveted aircraft aluminum roof. Our electric heaters remained in the 'ON' position until we went to bed. As I write Friday morning the sun has broken through the clouds, and soon we will be able to see if Eagle Mountain attracted any snow.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment