8:32 am - Sunday - September 20th - LPG&RVR - 58° F, humidity 23%, cloud cover 34%, wind 8 mph out of the southeast......partially cloudy skies today with a forecast high of 82° F. On this date in 2013 TLE and I were in Fairmont Hot Springs, MT.....
.....with Tom and Darlene McCloud. They were on their way back south to Arizona on I-15 from Canada, and we were heading east to the sugar beet harvest in Sydney, MT via I-90.
We slept in again Saturday until after 8 am....two days in a row! It feels like we're doing something wrong, and are going to get in trouble, but then we remember we're adults, and require no outside supervision....lol. We can do what we want on our days off work. Saturday was the day of the annual putting contest final which features all those who have finished either first, or second on any given Saturday during the summer, putting for bragging rights. Around 10 am I drove cart #20 over to the Clubhouse to practice putting for 30, or 40 minutes, then returned to spend the rest of the day (until 3 pm when the putting contest was scheduled to be played) on the 'lido deck' reading, and watching NCAA college football.
There were a number of upsets of Top 25 teams such as #8 Ole Miss upsetting #7 LSU, unranked Kentucky upsetting #9 Texas A&M, #23 Louisville upsetting #16 SMU, and unranked West Virginia upsetting #20 Missouri. My USC Trojans (#12) won a close game (as they should have) at unranked Rutgers 42-35. Other than those upsets, everyone who should have won, won. Oregon came back from a humiliating loss to an unranked team last week to win 84-0 over Portland State, so I'm sure they're feeling better about themselves.
Soon it was time for the putting contest finals at which only 8 of the former 1st and 2nd place winners were on hand. Since there were only 8 of us the format was double elimination. I lost my first match to the ultimate winner, Don Kittleseon, who is a club pro at another golf course. At the end of 5 holes in my losers' bracket match I was tied 2-2 after 5 holes, so we went to a one hole putt off....closest to the pin after one putt. I made a terrible putt losing to Terri Plumlee, so after two rounds I was out.
At 5:15 pm we attended the Club Members annual dinner. We are not 'Club Members', however, all employees are invited. It was potluck this year, and as usual, there were many great dishes, and a great time was had by all. We were home by 6:30 pm, and I was ready for another nap....lol.
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:
Post a Comment