Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Another day on the 'lido deck'.....

 7:26 am - Wednesday - August 12th - LPG&RVR - 60° F, humidity 22%, cloud cover 15%, wind 14 mph out of the northwest.....hazy, smokey, partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 90° F.  On this date in 2018 TLE and I were in Southwest Harbor, ME....




.....at the home of Tony and Janet whom we met while working at Smuggler's Den Campground.  Tony gave me a can of Never Dull, and I used it to polish 3 months of Atlantic Ocean salt air induced corrosion off of the air horns which adorn the front roof of our 1982 Newell.

Since we hit the summer high of 100° F last Friday the daily high temps have been SLOWLY descending, and I mean SLOWLY.  It was 'only' 98 Sunday, then 97 Monday, and down to 94° F Tuesday.  We are promised a 90° F high temp on Wednesday.  I say that to say this; there is a noticeable difference between 100 and 94 even though it is just 6° lower.  At any rate, the temp on the 'lido deck' remained quite cool most of the morning, so TLE and I spent quite a bit of time tending to her plants.

Last summer we bought two pepper plants from a local nursery; a tabasco pepper and a habanero pepper.  We managed to get one pepper from the habanero plant, and 2 from the tabasco plant that summer.  So far this summer we haven't gotten any habaneros yet, but the tabasco plant currently has a dozen in progress....

The tabasco pepper plant....look at all the peppers!

The habanero pepper plant

....to be fair, both plants almost died last winter when we left them outside at TWW on a night when the temp dipped into the high 20's, and that freeze almost killed them.  They spent the winter in the greenhouse at TWW recuperating from our indiscretion, and are finally healthy again.  We're still hoping the habanero will provide some peppers this summer/fall.

Once again I did not leave our site the entire day.  After our plant work was done I spent a number of hours on the 'lido deck' reading, and napping.  I've read 2 books during this four day weekend so far, and looking forward to beginning a new one Wednesday before we begin our next four day work week.

On the topic of our next four day work week the weather forecast paints a pretty nice picture for us.  Beginning tomorrow, Thursday, the daily temps will be 83, 84, 84 and 86° F; nice!  Our next four day weekend shows forecast highs of 85, 82, 80 and 84° F; so 8 consecutive days of under 90° F!!  The extended forecast through August 26th shows only 2 days at 90° F.

In about 45 minutes TLE and I will head into Alturas for my monthly haircut, and weekly shopping foray, so I will close this latest post and bid you all adieu for another day.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment