Friday, August 21, 2026

No cigar.....

 5:52 am - Friday - August 21st - LPG&RVR - 58° F, humidity 23%, cloud cover 73%, wind 14 mph out of the south.....cloudy today with a forecast high of 91° F.  On this date in 2012 TLE and I were in Oregon.....



.....checking out Mt. Saint Helens, some Dick's Lava Rock Porter, and that smile!

The fourth and final day of our four day weekend arrived Thursday.  The daily high was forecast to be 94° F, and I'm pretty sure it go there.  Jose came by with Club Car Villager #20 saying it was fixed, so I took it for a drive to verify it.   Regretfully, it was not fixed, and within 10 minutes it quit running again.  Same issue....it would turn over but not fire.  I left it where it died, called Jose to let him know, and headed back to site #55.

A while back our reverse osmosis ultraviolet water filter died, meaning the ultra violet light bulb had burned out.  I ordered a replacement and received it some time ago, and assembled it, but was quite certain that the rubber gasket which seals the unit to keep water from leaking out would not do the job.  I decided to attempt to install it to see if I was right, or wrong.  Unfortunately, I was right, so I had to reinstall the old ultraviolet light filter, and go back to the drawing board.  I found an exact match to the old one on Amazon and ordered it.  It comes sealed, and requires no assembly....just connect the two small hoses, and plug it in.  I should have gone with that one in the first place, but it was twice as much, and the one I chose came with a second UV light bulb making it possible to just replace the bulb if first one goes bad, and they always go bad eventually.  Should have gone with the more expensive OEM one....doh!

By the time I reinstalled the old, defunct ultraviolet filter it was after 11 am, and time to get out to the 'lido deck' to spend some time reading before it got too hot.  By 2 pm it was getting too warm on the 'lido deck' (no breeze again), so I headed inside to finish the book I was reading.

Since I had given Jose back the loaner cart I was using when he brought mine back I needed to walk over to the Clubhouse with TLE when she went to pickup the cash drawer from Kathie to get another loaner.  We did that around 4:50 pm.  As we walked up I noticed Jose and Claude were working on my cart so I went over to see what was what.  They had just replaced the coil, and were reassembling the cart, so I hung around to see if they were successful in fixing my cart.  When Jose went to test the repair it started and ran fine, just like it had previously, however, within minutes it stopped running again....doh.....so no cigar....lol!  About that time TLE was walking over from the Clubhouse with the cash drawer in her hands so we picked up Club Car #11, and headed home, while Jose and Claude went back to the drawing board.  And with that day four of our four day weekend came to an end.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment