7:38 am - Wednesday - August 19th - LPG&RVR - 61° F, humidity 29%, cloud cover 11%, wind 10 mph out of the west by northwest.....partly cloudy today with a forecast high of 96° F. On this date in 2018 TLE and I were near Bar Harbor, ME....
....hiking to the top of Cadillac Mountain. We hiked both the north and south trails that summer.
We slept in until after 8 am Tuesday, and that is easy to do when it is so quiet. Sunday my Club Car Villager #20 began to give me problems. It ran fine driving over to the Clubhouse at 7:30 am, but when I went to drive it about 30 minutes later it would turn over, but not start. I called Bob, our former mechanic who still lives here, and he came down the hill to help me diagnose the issue. He got it running again for me, and I drove it around the park taking care of a few errands. It ran normally the entire time. Then I parked it again at the Clubhouse, and 5 minutes later it would not start again....same issue.
Later in the day I noticed there was no fuel in either of the fuel filters so I called Bob again, to tell him what I discovered and he suggested the fuel line might be clogged at the gas tank, so I blew compressed air backwards through the line, but it would still not start, so he suggested I replaced the fuel pump, which is easy to do....maybe a 20 minute job. I did that and it began to run again, and ran well. I headed for home at 3:30 pm thinking I had fixed the issue, and when I returned to pickup TLE at 5 pm it was still running fine, but as we were driving home it stopped running again....doh! I managed to get it running and drove home and parked it.
Monday morning I went out to see if would start and it didn't. First thing Tuesday morning I decided to walk over to the Clubhouse and get another Club Car and the tow bar to tow my cart over to the 'Caddy Shack' so Jose could work on it when he has time. I'm now driving Club Car #1, a two seater, until Jose can get it running again.
Upon my return to the Newell I retrieved my book and headed out to the 'lido deck' to read, and listen to music, and that is what I did until almost 4 pm when the heat of the day, and lack of a breeze drove me inside where our AC was keeping the interior at a comfortable 76° F.
Claude's freezer stopped working in the past couple of days so he had some defrosted Top Sirloin steaks he gifted us to grill that evening. Around 5:30 pm I lit the Sea-B-Que and grilled them to a perfect medium rare.....
....those Top Sirloins were so tender! TLE added a side salad, and some type of macaroni salad, both of which were delicious. Thank you Claude for the unexpected steak dinner!
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment